Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's All About The Ego!

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    very nice perko, love the colour and its a manual
    Thanks Bazz. Good to see you over here as well. How is that immaculate GT of yours going?
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Got the XR8 back from the mechanics yesterday. They have fitted the header and cats from the ute. Also fitted a X-Force cat back system. Has a nice burble now and the engine does rev a fair bit easier now. Will fit the CAI, plenum and throttle body next weekend and then off to the tuners.

Also fitted the FPV steering wheel, bluetooth, cupholder, clock, and console lid from the ute. Lifts the interior a bit. Just going to do the LED's on the switches and that should see the interior finished.

Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

looks so much better with out the stripes

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    Thanks Bazz. Good to see you over here as well. How is that immaculate GT of yours going?
    all good with fpv has a new exhaust system fitted since you last seen it
    ive been busy with a new a new toy... 1966 xp falcon coupe

Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    all good with fpv has a new exhaust system fitted since you last seen it
    ive been busy with a new a new toy... 1966 xp falcon coupe
    Sounds good. Any pics? What motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    Sounds good. Any pics? What motor?
    i will do mate just waiting to fly back to work today

the car was built as show/prostreet drag car a few years ago, has a 302svo block and stroke out to 364cube, came with a 10.52sec@128mph time slips (track mds-full slicks,removed exhaust system and jetts changed)

i plan to keep street tyres, full exhaust and have a go at test and tune night soon.

Got a few things back on the sedan over the past few days. Installed the BA vents this morning. Got to know the local wrecker. Had to have a giggle with him as they have been having troubles getting certain parts out. Showed them how to do it and he offered me some casual work! :lol Certainly looks much better.

Sorry about quality of pics. Just wanted to throw some quick ones up this morning. Will do better ones after the tune at the end of the week. Also put my DOG plate where it belongs! Back on the front of my beast. Has sentimental value so pretty happy about it. Also got the Boss sticker back on. Was toying between this or a matte black. Think that this is better.

As you know the ute has been sold. So will be grabbing certain engine parts on Thursday from it. Then to Elite on Friday for a tune. Will post pics and results next weekend.

How will this one turn out?
    Looking forward to this.
    BAII RTV A Farmers Rocket.

Vents look good, looks factory.
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

Got the sedan taken to Elite Auto yesterday. First time with them after being with another tuner. No issues with previous tuner but wanted to try someone different to see what they could do.

After some issues getting the ute sorted was able to get the parts off it early Friday morning. Steve got an early morning call and helped me out with getting the tune off. Got it done and heading to Brissy.

Boys got the ute on the dyno and started transferring the CAI and throttle body. Enjoyed one of Jo's great cappuccino's and thought all would be good. But as usual my Ford's have to fight me all the way. Tim called me out and some idiot had broken the idle spring shaft on the throttle body! Luckily he had a Holden part and was able to modify the part and fit it. Tim's quick thinking saved me buying a new throttle body and wasting a trip to Brisbane. Absolute legend! Who said Holdens weren't good for anything!

Tim worked his magic and ended up with these figures.

Pretty happy with the end figures as they were about what I was expecting. More importantly the sedan still idles as smoothly as it did stock. Was a bit worried that they actually did nothing on the way home. So I emptied the old parts out of the boot and took the beast for a run on the highway. Jeeezuus!! Turn the traction control off and rear tyres are a thing of the past! Power delivery is nice and linear. That BPR CAI never gets tiring and just urges you on to push it harder.

Thanks Elite for everything. Very happy with the overall experience. Starting the cams savings account now....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast