Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's All About The Ego!

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Just a couple of pics of the engine bay. Elite boys did a great job. Also a pic of Tim's repair on the throttle body. Saved me buying a new one.

Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Nice and neat engine bay there Perko. I love the look of the Yella Terra plennum, is it the same sort of finish as the stock one or is it a bit smoother, it certainly looks smoother. I like the computer cover too, where did you get that?
    Nice power as well, have to be happy with that!

Wow that's a great result. Is that with the exhaust system changed as well?
    Where'd he set the limiter at?

Cams should do wonders. Are they Herrod's?

Edit: You need a new signature
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by ToCo View Post
    Nice and neat engine bay there Perko. I love the look of the Yella Terra plennum, is it the same sort of finish as the stock one or is it a bit smoother, it certainly looks smoother. I like the computer cover too, where did you get that?
    Nice power as well, have to be happy with that!
    Thanks mate. The YT unit is a bit smoother. The overall finish of the unit was a bit disappointing when I got it considering the price. However they are worth then money if you are after improved torque, mid-range and throttle response. Plus they make the engine bay look tough!

The computer cover is just one of the alloy ones of eBay. I then sanded it back a bit and sprayed matt black on it. Nice cheap fix and a good addition to the engine bay.

Pretty happy with the power. More happy with the characteristics of the engine. Idles very smooth. Not like my last tune. The power is quite linear for a Boss and the torque just keeps coming. When you compare this dyno sheet with the ute even the power curve is so much smoother. And this is certainly reflected in how it drives. Very happy with the work done by Elite. Cost a bit more but worth it.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    Wow that's a great result. Is that with the exhaust system changed as well?
    Where'd he set the limiter at?

Cams should do wonders. Are they Herrod's?

Edit: You need a new signature

Yes mate exhaust changed. Have HM headers and cats. Then 2.5 inch X-Force exhaust. Nice note an freed up the motor nicely. Limiter set at 6500rpm but rarely get there. No need to with how the power is delivered.

Been thinking a fair bit about the cams. Had my heart set on Herrod's. But after talking to Tim he has been recommending a Blue Power set (if I remember right). It will still give me the torque and mid-range I am chasing but with better power gains and are easier to tune. Haven't heard anything bad about the Herrod cams in the past so this intrigued me. Will certainly be doing more research on this before deciding. Have plenty of time as I will not be getting them until the end of the year. Got to get focused on Reno's before the wife tears me a new one!

New signature and avatar coming.

With the ute going this afternoon, just thought I would take a picture of my two beasts together.

Baby got new boots this week! Picked up a set of XR50 rims and tyres. Was happy with the result. The accents are starting to grow on me as they have changed the look of the car.

Also been eBay shopping this over the past few weeks. Grabbed a new set of genuine mats, scuff plate badges, and boot liners. Just to finish the XR off.

Bug is still there so a few other mods in store but only minors ones....

Got some new coil covers sent over from the States direct from a Ford dealership. Decided to stay with the factory look for the engine so I kept it simple. Painted them matte black. I was going to paint the lettering silver but decided against it. Bit hard to pick up in the photos. Looks much better in the flesh. Now thinking about doing the same to the oil breathers.

Really liking the new rims. Hopefully these pics are a little better.

Car's looking nice Glen; rims are nice, (just not sure why I think they don't quite fit), subjective comment.
    BAII RTV A Farmers Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
    Car's looking nice Glen; rims are nice, (just not sure why I think they don't quite fit), subjective comment.
    Do you prefer the old rims Simon?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast