Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The XW

Why did they put the brass ring in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    Why did they put the brass ring in there?
    Its like a welsh plug with a hole, its a sealing face to make water flow through the block.

If its not fitted to the block or you use a wheezor thermostat you'll get over heating issues because a lot of the water will bypass the block!
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

project 064 (6th December 2015),Road_Warrior (5th December 2015)

Validated User
    Will I be seeing this car at a future Falcon GT Owners Club meeting, here in W.A.?
    Or maybe the 2017 Falcon GT Nationals here in Perth in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by project 064 View Post
    Will I be seeing this car at a future Falcon GT Owners Club meeting, here in W.A.?
    Or maybe the 2017 Falcon GT Nationals here in Perth in 2017.
    LOL not likely. Maybe cars 'n coffee or Big Al's Poker Run. Have you had any involvement with Ace Ford Club?

How often are you going to drive it?

Might be worth looking into a maintenance charger like the CTEK range of chargers and an AGM battery if they take a Century 57EF/67EF like the other Falcons.

If they do a 9A34 Deka Intimidator is pretty reasonably priced, similar size and a better battery than those shitful Optima D34 yellow tops, its still made in the USA not Mexico like the Optima.

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    LOL not likely. Maybe cars 'n coffee or Big Al's Poker Run. Have you had any involvement with Ace Ford Club?
    Yeah, we do. All Ford Days, Charity cruises, Track Events, Road Race Events. Big Al's Poker Runs.
    Albany Round the Houses, Northam "flying fifty". We all say Gidday to each other. Some frequent Captain Munchies @ Freo.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
    How often are you going to drive it?

Might be worth looking into a maintenance charger like the CTEK range of chargers and an AGM battery if they take a Century 57EF/67EF like the other Falcons.

If they do a 9A34 Deka Intimidator is pretty reasonably priced, similar size and a better battery than those shitful Optima D34 yellow tops, its still made in the USA not Mexico like the Optima.
    Yeah not often, I already have a Projecta trickle charger for my motorbike, so what I might do is pull the charging pigtails off my BA (fitted them when I was trying to extend the life of the old battery and the car wasn't used on weekends) and fit that to the XW.

For now, I've just fitted a standard Century Yuasa battery to it, the old battery was out of a Nissan Pulsar, fuck me I dont know what possessed the previous owner to put that in, no wonder it had trouble starting

It will be fine with the regular starting battery as long as you keep the smart charger on it, they don't like going flat and being jump started often.

So I've got an inspection at the pits booked for Thursday.

I think it will fail.

The exhaust intermediate pipe hangs down under the car to the point of being only 90mm off the deck.

Over the pits today. Fail because:

Flexible brake line over diff too close to exhaust - relocate
    VIN obscured by paint - remove paint
    Automatic transmission to operate correctly

Examiner was an XY nut (owns one) and was carrying on like a pork chop about how good the body was. Reckons the trans issue could be the vacuum modulator as it only presents when you give it too much throttle from standing start.

Said nothing about the low exhaust! Happy days, I was worried about that.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

4Vman (10th December 2015),Perko (13th December 2015),project 064 (10th December 2015),Randel (10th December 2015)

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast