Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: The XW

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    I'll assume it does, because the console is fairly solidly mounted. Saves me buying one!
    Look in the bottom of the console and if there's screws there it's underneath
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Look in the bottom of the console and if there's screws there it's underneath
    It should be attached to the shifter hump? Just trying to sort all the trim pieces and other small items needed. Far out there is alot of it, and the price variation between shops is hilarious!
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Right, i've had enough of this fucking Thermoquad, electric choke doesnt work and the cost to rebuild to rebuild it is more than buying a new Holley

I'm going to run with a 650 Holley with electric choke, the question is: vacuum secondary or mechanical secondary? Bear in mind this car will be a manual eventually.
    Last edited by Road_Warrior; 4th September 2016 at 10:28 AM.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Vac secs mate
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

project 064 (4th September 2016)

Vac secs mate
    Thanks. DP or single pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    Thanks. DP or single pipe?
    Personally id actually look at a well sorted 600 - 650 vac secondarys, as per Damo's F Truck carb. Its the perfect replacement for the Plasticquad if its a stock to mild engine. Manual choke too.

I'd only go bigger if you're running a cam, high stall etc and looking for more performance over 5000 rpm.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Road_Warrior (4th September 2016)

Personally id actually look at a well sorted 600 - 650 vac secondarys, as per Damo's F Truck carb. Its the perfect replacement for the Plasticquad if its a stock to mild engine. Manual choke too.

I'd only go bigger if you're running a cam, high stall etc and looking for more performance over 5000 rpm.
    Those were pretty much my thoughts too. Gotta keep the elec. choke setup though.

$40 thank you very much!

My new carby should arrive during the week too, I think I'm going to be busy next weekend!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

4Vman (11th September 2016),defective (11th September 2016),FTe217 (11th September 2016),Randel (11th September 2016)

Nice shiny new Holley

The new carby next to the Thermoquad. The Thermoquad looks like a big carb because the float bowls are alongside the bores, instead of in front and behind like almost every other carb out there.

I decided to do the intake manifold another time, I want to get the carby set up properly first before doing anything else. Besides I don't have manifold gaskets and I need to get the manifold soda blasted to get all the Pilbara crud off it.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

4Vman (17th September 2016),Randel (18th September 2016)

A little snag - I shouldnt have pulled the EGR plate off, because now I need to replace the gaskets and shim and of course none of the useless car parts places have any.

Or is there another way?

Those EGR channels, are they actually connected to anything? If I can get away with it i'll just put my carby adaptor plate over it and be done with it. Will look shit but its only temporary.

Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast