Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacific Ford sold Mustang list

Quote Originally Posted by project 064 View Post
    Hmm, do you remember the first Mustang exports to Australia? Poorly engineered, six cylinder heaps of crap that FoA got lumbered with & got told to build them
    & sell them. Fast forward to the Tickford era, despite their engineering prowess, this car was not a success either, financially or performance wise.
    Like I said, as good or better than the domestic product. I await the first reports & road tests.
    What was that song? "You never knew what you had, until it's gone"!!! Vale the mighty Falcon GT.

I was too young for the first Mustang, just older enough for the Tickford one.

Totally different story with this Mustang. Simply because it is a Ford One vehicle. Built for the world, not just the US.

We won't know what we had until it's gone, very true. But Falcon is done (Part of the Ford One plan) After all, Ford is a US company and what they say goes.

Lets be thankful we aren't in Holdens spot. We still have heaps of exciting cars, Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS, Mustang, and I'm sure more future performance cars coming.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacificfordqld For This Useful Post:

project 064 (14th December 2015)

Does any one recall 69 mustangs converted for RHD for Ford..?

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificfordqld View Post
    I was too young for the first Mustang, just older enough for the Tickford one.

Totally different story with this Mustang. Simply because it is a Ford One vehicle. Built for the world, not just the US.

We won't know what we had until it's gone, very true. But Falcon is done (Part of the Ford One plan) After all, Ford is a US company and what they say goes.

Lets be thankful we aren't in Holdens spot. We still have heaps of exciting cars, Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS, Mustang, and I'm sure more future performance cars coming.
    Not having a go at you, but can't we get the higher horsepower models in Australia?
    I am more than happy to entertain a Mustang purchase, but I want what the US Domestic market gets.
    After all the object of the game is to provide & sell the BEST performing Mustang you can build.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to project 064 For This Useful Post:

Randel (15th December 2015)

Not having a go at you, but can't we get the higher horsepower models in Australia?
    I am more than happy to entertain a Mustang purchase, but I want what the US Domestic market gets.
    After all the object of the game is to provide & sell the BEST performing Mustang you can build.
    Won't happen till possibly GT500 in 2017/8....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

project 064 (14th December 2015)

Validated User
    What is the reason Norm?
    Surely we deserve the best product they have?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to project 064 For This Useful Post:

Randel (15th December 2015)

What is the reason Norm?
    Surely we deserve the best product they have?
    Do you really need that spelt out!!!
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Validated User
    Most certainly, the truth always hurts!!!

Most certainly, the truth always hurts!!!
    I have no idea what the truth is, but I can take an educated guess that the volume they think they would sell wouldn't come close to justifying the cost to bring them to market here.

Validated User
    Huh? slip a couple extra Hi Po cars on the ship, will break Ford US bank account?
    Don't forget the opposition are eyeing off the 4 door RWD performance market.
    What a Hellcat of an idea.

Validated User
    Basically, Ford severely underestimated the strong response to Mustang from Australia.
    This was basically a tow in the water to see how the faithful felt whilce Falcon was still around.

If sales response remains strong, even with no cars to test drive, Ford will respond once they
    get on top of production in North America.

The one good thing is that there will be upgrades and rolling changes through out the life of the vehicle
    and buyers in Australia will get all the popular options that US buyers get.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

project 064 (15th December 2015)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast