Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jay Leno's new GT350R

Jay Leno's new GT350R

http://coolfords.com/articles/jay-le...shelby-gt350r/

Fantastic video and interview with Jamal Hameedi with some mention of the Australian connection to the 350R and lots and lots of detail on the car and its development.

Lots of reference to benchmarking against Ferrari too...

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Futura (3rd February 2016),TICK4D-TAS (3rd February 2016),WASP (3rd February 2016)

Great Video. What a car!

Listening to Jamal, what impressed me most was that Ford made the decision to have the vodoo engine exclusive to the GT350. Not sure what the future holds for this engine and if it will end up in other ford models. Its this exclusiveness that makes this car even more special in my eyes. Point of difference is important when seperating models and asking more premium price.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Futura For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (3rd February 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    Great Video. What a car!

Listening to Jamal, what impressed me most was that Ford made the decision to have the vodoo engine exclusive to the GT350. Not sure what the future holds for this engine and if it will end up in other ford models. Its this exclusiveness that makes this car even more special in my eyes. Point of difference is important when seperating models and asking more premium price.
    Probably one of the best technical interviews i've ever seen from a Ford head about a product like this.

Possibly the only issue with Voodoo is its peaky rev range, 8250 redline is right up there.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Probably one of the best technical interviews i've ever seen from a Ford head about a product like this.

Possibly the only issue with Voodoo is its peaky rev range, 8250 redline is right up there.
    Its peak redline is designed more for the track than the streets. But how sweet does the exhaust noise sound? Cant get enough of the exhaust sound track.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (3rd February 2016),Futura (3rd February 2016)

Music to my ears.

Jay - "5.2L... so how many cubic inch is that? What is that... about... 305?"
    Ford 'Expert' who built the damn thing - "Yeah, yeah I think that's just over 305..."

Yeah, like 13cu over 305... ya moron.

And two piece rotors... Aluminium 'centre section' with steel discs... 'Innovative'... Innovative... really?

Other than cringing at the expert who apparently put this car together, great clip. That car is sex... Sounds diabolical. Love it

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Love the sound of it! Great video.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    Great Video. What a car!

On a smaller scale perhaps it is what ford did with GTF and the tune.

It makes the car less about being a car and mire about the people behind it and their vision and wants.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Just Arrived
    I would choose the Shelby over a Ferrari any day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast