Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premcar and the Sprint. End of the line?

Premcar and the Sprint. End of the line?

By now people have digested that Premcar have featured in the Sprint program.

On a personal note, it pleases me no end that Ford have allowed this to happen. To be there at the finish of GT and the finish of Falcon is allowing unfinished business to be concluded.

Under normal circumstances this would be the start of something very special moving towards the future and other opportunities. I hope the hurdle of ending local manufacturing isn't an obstacle too high to climb.

There are clearly opportunities in the market both now and into the future. The association we have now is desirable and valued. I hope Ford can see this too.

Right now this works. This is the highest we have ever been and it needs to be nurtured not extinguished.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

flappist (19th February 2016),FTe217 (19th February 2016),GTE P09 (19th February 2016),Randel (19th February 2016),Road_Warrior (19th February 2016),TICK4D-TAS (20th February 2016),WASP (20th February 2016)

do you think sprint is a profitable exercise? or is it an exercise that is 'to hell with the cost, lets finish on a high' type?

i find it hard to believe that under normal circumstances, this product could be sold at the price point that it is.

whilst i don't have the emotional attachment to falcon that many others have, it has been pleasing to see Ford shut up many of the naysayers. They have copped a lot of criticism lately over lack of respect to falcon from many so called fans. Thankfully on this forum we have a few who were able to let everyone know to keep the faith in Ford.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to prydey For This Useful Post:

project 064 (20th February 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    do you think sprint is a profitable exercise? or is it an exercise that is 'to hell with the cost, lets finish on a high' type?

i find it hard to believe that under normal circumstances, this product could be sold at the price point that it is.

whilst i don't have the emotional attachment to falcon that many others have, it has been pleasing to see Ford shut up many of the naysayers. They have copped a lot of criticism lately over lack of respect to falcon from many so called fans. Thankfully on this forum we have a few who were able to let everyone know to keep the faith in Ford.
    Yes the silence from the knockers on AFF is deafening. I even asked who wanted the humble pie dished out first, with a shovel preferably.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

GTE P09 (20th February 2016),HSE2 (19th February 2016)

Think through the numbers of sales this year alone with restricted volume of Performance Falcons, GT Mustang and soon RS. Over 5000 units.

I sure hope someone is taking notice, and not the aftermarket.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Good question Rob but I think the answer is yes, it's profitable.

Taking a step back.

Ford are finishing the Falcon. They could easily have just let it die in its sleep as so many others have before but they chose the absolute opposite.

So is this that last big bang at the end the fireworks?
    Of is it the first barrage of the assault........H hour, D Day, S Sprint.........

So with apologies to Timbuk 3, I reckon that "The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades"
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

We have sort of taken a detour from what is intended in this particular section.

The focus here is the successfulness of an outside engineering entity working with Ford to achieve greatness. Because of who Premcar are, it's special for anyone who has followed Tickford and FPV.

Equally, or so it's seems what we have right here at the end is also the most successful iteration of a partnership judged purely on achievement.

I think it's now fair to say a joint partnership is never coming back. Ford performance is the new way forward but equally fair to say is there are opportunities out there.

Let's take the mountune situation. The model they have is one way to achieve or recognise opportunities in the market place.

What if Ford took the mountune kit and made a new model from it. From the showroom floor created a Fiesta RS S for example.

A car you could order through your dealership and to be recognised by your insurer as a ligitimate factory option. This would not impact on people with existing fiesta who want part of a package to be fitted through a dealership but cater to people that desire the product that drives out strictly as its come from Ford.

Given a choice between the two I would elect to buy the new fiesta that's come via Premcar to be recognised as a model in its own right over buying second hand and then going the dealer fit option.

I do believe there is that potential. Whatever kit ford ok, for whatever product they elect, also make it an official model from new.

I am sure there is some licensing issues to work out and 101 obstacles but if you are going to allow enhancement fitment why not also explore the turn key showroom floor option as well

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post

Let's take the mountune situation. The model they have is one way to achieve or recognise opportunities in the market place.

What if Ford took the mountune kit and made a new model from it. From the showroom floor created a Fiesta RS S for example.
    This is the only way it could work for me.

It must be recognized as a different model by Ford, not a dealer modified model that has a retail price too far out of wack to what a lease or insurance company will recognize let alone retain resale value.

It will also have a more acceptable image being factory delivered.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Same for me mate.

And I think the beauty of this works no matter what ford performance do. It compliments it unless you plan on undoing all the work by verifying the package.

A three stage package.

Dealer fit for those with cars now or those who buy standard cars second hand and want mountune.
    New car option of the full kit but called another name. Ordered from your dealer, car sent to Premcar modified, sent back to ford and onto dealership. Let's call it a ST R for this experiment.

If Ford then bring in the fiesta RS it's going to be limited by numbers, probably by colour pallet and cost more. The lower option fettled locally won't hurt it as it fits with a particular consumer group as would the RS version.

The key here is to remember ford are now gong to back enhancement. Is this potentially the game changer that reopens the door?

Apply the same thought to mustang.

Yes exactly.

There are 2 aspects to this, you start adding 5, 10 or in extreme cases 20K of modifications to a 65K GT Mustang and to the insurance company, lease company or second hand market it will still be a 65K GT Mustang (- depreciation) and possibly with diminished appeal due to the modifications, even if the Ford dealer sold them and fitted them.

A 30K Fiesta ST with 5K monotune kit is still a $30K Fiesta ST.

But a Ford Fiesta ST R for 35k is still a 35K Fiesta ST R to everyone.

Then there's the image and appeal of a Stock std factory delivered car V Aftermarket kitted car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast