Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AU are you Dazzled yet ?

Cool AU are you Dazzled yet ?

Let's go...

Not sure if this is a keeper or if i will just improve it and give it back to my mate for Christmas but feel free to follow along with my story anyway , thanks for looking

Barry used to work at Performance Suspension and everytime one of my cars needed work there i would borrow his AU falcon for the day and give it back with a tank of fuel

So i know the history and how it has been treated.. Barry is NOT a car guy

Anyhow, first mod was to ditch the 5yr old blocked air filter...

Second mod was to top up the transmission fluid as it wouldn't go anywhere in Drive only if you started in 1st then 2nd etc...

Third mod was to remove the worn and brittle rubber around the rear screen

This arvo i will give it the first bath it has probably had in yr's ?

Fourth and last mod for today was remove the dash mat .. this farking thing had a white powdery substance under it blowing everywhere with the windows down.. all fixed now but .

Time for a vacuum and some engine detailing , but here is what i have to work with currently.

And after emptying the glovebox/consol and seat pockets i found the grand total of $4.35 a couple of led bulbs and two pack of chewy ... SCORE !!

Front tyres are bald on the inside so my 19" FPV Black wheels are going on this arvo after i give it a tub, i will take some more pic's this arvo ...

How long till the go faster mods begin ?

And will it hit the track i wonder ??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 13726548 For This Useful Post:

Road_Warrior (24th February 2016)

Wow, she has had a hard life. The white powdery substance from the dash mat is the mat breaking down, usually a cheap dash mat will do this.
    Not a very good promotion for his business ?, I see his sticker on the rear window, if I seen this car driving around it wouldn’t install much faith to be able to take my car there for work to be done, nothing against his workmanship but still not a very good way to promote ones business in an automotive area.

How does the AU drive compared to your BA Darren ?.

Fourth and last mod for today was remove the dash mat .. this farking thing had a white powdery substance under it blowing everywhere with the windows down.. all fixed now but
    Hey don't knock it, that shit is worth money
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

Randel (24th February 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
    Wow, she has had a hard life.
    The white powdery substance from the dash mat is the mat breaking down, usually a cheap dash mat will do this.
    Not a very good promotion for his business ?,
    I see his sticker on the rear window, if I seen this car driving around it wouldn’t install much faith to be able to take my car there for work to be done, nothing against his workmanship but still not a very good way to promote ones business in an automotive area.

How does the AU drive compared to your BA Darren ?.
    Mechanically it has never been abused till this arvo LOL can confirm it rips a mean skid !

I threw the dash mat in the bin

Promotion for his Business ?

He just worked there and not for over 18 months presently hence he needed to sell the car.

Sorry but i'm still confused over your point ?? This is a build thread of a 340k+ AU It has nothing to do with businesses i do not deal with anymore .

I will reserve judgement and comparisons between AU and BA after the new suspension goes in.. it wouldn't be fair otherwise.

I will state that the trans shifts way different between them.. The AU wants to throw the car forward on the upshift my BA just chirps the wheels and goes sideways.

Std the BA is like a limp noodle the AU in sport mode feels fast and very brisk on the upchange...

Hmmm the Koni red's definately need replacing and evidently this was a chaser from new...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 13726548 For This Useful Post:

Perko (24th February 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlr View Post
    Mechanically it has never been abused till this arvo LOL can confirm it rips a mean skid !

I threw the dash mat in the bin

Promotion for his Business ?

He just worked there and not for over 18 months presently hence he needed to sell the car.

Sorry but i'm still confused over your point ?? This is a build thread of a 340k+ AU It has nothing to do with businesses i do not deal with anymore .

I will reserve judgement and comparisons between AU and BA after the new suspension goes in.. it wouldn't be fair otherwise.

I will state that the trans shifts way different between them.. The AU wants to throw the car forward on the upshift my BA just chirps the wheels and goes sideways.

Std the BA is like a limp noodle the AU in sport mode feels fast and very brisk on the upchange...
    My bad I misread that he only worked there, I thought it was his business, hence the sticker on the rear window.
    I was just implying that that car is not a good look for any automotive business in that state/condition, well not to me anyway.
    But alas it’s not his business so nothing to see here people move right along now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to galaxy xr8 For This Useful Post:

defective (24th February 2016)

Nah i think i will just can the whimsical idea of having any build thread on any fucking car forum, it seems all too hard to grasp the concept of conversation and respect without going off on a tangent and i will not bring a workshop into disrepute or mates that may have a lack of passion towards their vehicle for that matter.

Thanks for your input galaxyxr8 , it only took 3 posts to go off topic no way in hell will i be sharing how i rear mounted the turbo on my XR6 amongst other things i have been quietly dying to brag about on here for day's, the internet has taught me another lesson yet again !!

Mods please close and delete this thread...

I love old nuggets like this being resurrected, if any of you are any of the au pages on bookface you've probably seen brentons au forte. Similar story, bought for $2-300 and saved. From a nugget to a very smart looking xr replica.

I'm very curious to see how you go with this one daz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlr View Post
    Nah i think i will just can the whimsical idea of having any build thread on any fucking car forum, it seems all too hard to grasp the concept of conversation and respect without going off on a tangent and i will not bring a workshop into disrepute or mates that may have a lack of passion towards their vehicle for that matter.

Thanks for your input galaxyxr8 , it only took 3 posts to go off topic no way in hell will i be sharing how i rear mounted the turbo on my XR6 amongst other things i have been quietly dying to brag about on here for day's, the internet has taught me another lesson yet again !!

Mods please close and delete this thread...
    Whoaaaa, hang on there buddy!!!!!!!
    I think you should take a step back and re-read what I meant, If an apology as such is not enough for you when I said it was my bad then I don’t know what else to say, I think you have taken it completely the wrong way Mate.

Validated User
    Subscribed daz... Always love your build threads! She washed up ok!
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4 (waiting patiently for Raptor).
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast