Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 F1 Thread (Could contain spoilers)

UK to lose Free to Air F1
    See its happening everywhere, not just here
    The greed of the promotoers caused this

http://autoaction.com.au/free-to-air...04021419653102

THINK AUSSIE motorsport fans have it tough when it comes to watching Formula 1 or V8 Supercars? Then spare a thought for our cousins over in the UK where it has just beemn confirmed that Formula 1 will become the exclusive domain of pay TV.

In a new six-year deal signed overnight, Sky Sports has picked up the UK rights for F1 in its entirety, meaning the current model where free-to-air broadcaster Channel 4 will televise just 10 of the 21 grands prix live, will end in 2018.

From 2019, only the British Grand Prix will be shown on free-to-air in the UK with the remaining races exclusively on Sky Sports.

FOM’s honcho Bernie Eccelstone said, “I am delighted we will continue to work together. Sky’s commitment to the sport and standard of coverage is second to none.”
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

How awesome is Dan
    flat tyre while leading, ends up 4th
    This boy is a star

but Dan, that is 3 4ths in a row, we need a win
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

http://autoaction.com.au/ricciardo-s...04021419653102

DANIEL RICCIARDO led the opening two laps of the Chinese Grand Prix in his Red Bull, dropped to 17th because of a puncture, and charged back up to finish fourth behind his teammate Daniil Kvyat.

Auto Action was there to hear what the Aussie had to say right after the race.

“Mixed emotions right now,” he said. “I feel that I drove one of the best races of my life, but I’m not spraying the champagne, so it sucks! It hurts! But at the same time I am immensely proud of the way I recovered and the way the team got me back on track. We did the best we could. We closed it up. I could see Danny (Kvyat) down the back straight in the last few laps. I know I could not catch him.

“Of course for the team it is awesome to finish third and fourth. We should be second, that is a fact, but that is racing. It is unlucky, but it sucks, it really does.”

Ricciardo pulled off some great passing moves.

“As much as I have mixed emotions right now, deep down I am really happy with how it went,” he said. “The puncture was unlucky, and then the safety car put us even further back. So we restarted 17th so to get through (Lewis) Hamilton and the Williams (drivers) at the end, and the pace we had, I’m definitely proud.

“As a team right now we are really strong. That is the big positive out of this weekend. Three races in a row now we are there, so I am really happy.”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

Elks (18th April 2016)

It was a great race. Lots of action and passing manuvers.

And while Mercedes clearly still has the edge, the gap is narrowing. It's great to see Red Bull and Ferrari take it to Mercedes.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

4Vman (18th April 2016),FTe217 (18th April 2016),prydey (18th April 2016)

Forza !
    Kimi, Kimi, you finally have come back.
    Great drive Dan.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Pressure mounts on Lewis with another qualifying drama. It will be a massive effort to close on Nico in this race but it's making the season interesting for when his luck changes.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

the twat seems to be getting all the bad luck this year

Brings a smile to me every time when things don't go twats way - won't last forever but as long as Nico keeps taking advantage I'll stomach mb being in front.
    WTF is it with Kyvat !
    Well done Kimi.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

prydey (2nd May 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Brings a smile to me every time when things don't go twats way - won't last forever but as long as Nico keeps taking advantage I'll stomach mb being in front.
    WTF is it with Kyvat !
    Well done Kimi.
    after the last 2 rounds, I think Kyvat is Sebs new best friend

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

prydey (2nd May 2016)

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast