Page 143 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1503

Thread: Sprint owners discussion

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    The black wheels on Sprint have grown on me to a degree. Still not a massive fan but if I owned one I certainly wouldn't be swapping them out personally unless the intent was to preserve them. I just associate the Sprint with those black wheels. When I see a Sprint with silver or aftermarket wheels the car loses some of its identity in my eyes.

Even with my BA GT I'm still conflicted with having aftermarket wheels on opposed to the factory items despite how much better it looks (IMO). If the car wasn't so modified the factory 18" would still be on there.
    Agree.

I really really struggle with aftermarket wheels, they completely change the identity of the vehicle.

A "Sprint" is a Sprint because, along with the mechanical improvements, all the design cues too.

Remove them and it loses its visual identity.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

A GTE with those silver wheels just looked the business. One of my favorites, as was the G6ET with the spokey 19".
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (10th August 2017)

Validated User
    For anyone chasing model cars https://www.topgear.com.au/

They have also done a special edition XR6 (which is the only Sprint 6 they have done at this point).

https://www.topgear.com.au/product.php?product_id=1127
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT
    2017 SEADOO RXT300RS JETSKI

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dash gt For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (10th August 2017),HSE2 (14th August 2017)

Thanks Dash ! got it now Norm.

Lucky everyone has a different look at things fellas otherwise life sure would be boring.
    I like having feet in both camps re OE car designs to modded ones and really there is certain cars you wouldn't care to molest so to speak..
    Falcons as we grew up were for the common man don't forget.
    Most are not thorough breds so to speak, they are the everyday car don't forget, 5seater,large boot, take em everywhere right. Practical.
    Now specific specimens ala HO's and a few other specials you'd be crazy to really change them but if only wheels, please you need to relax, or the negative tones.
    Its a reversible change. Nothing more nothing less. That person likes something else.
    Some of the OE designs have been very ordinary as we know, in some case's the car looks better changed up and keep the OE rims in the shed.
    My owner ship of the AUXR8 and T3 some 30sets of rims.
    Why, because Falcons have always been under tyred and gaurds not filled out, it irritates me at times.
    I need a FAT haha get it.
    Like I've said its a Falcon, I end up buying another set of T3 rims, send em to an Engineering shop so as to gain a 9" OE copy and 275 tyres at the back, now thats FAT .

Now if I were to have a $150k up Bimmer/MB/Audi whatever most wouldn't even consider changing anything for why would you most times.
    They are pure designed drivers cars and feck playing around after spending that much coin.
    A comp edit tune out of WTY, maybe a later model larger rim upgrade if right fit.

It's horse's for course's but seriously no big deal.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Just Arrived
    image1 (004).jpg
    Original wheels resting up in the garage.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EWT For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (11th August 2017),Randel (12th August 2017)

That looks pretty good.
    I know others would say is it a Sprint - but your car your choice yours to do whatever you wish And its easy reversible.
    FGX shape is growing more and more on me no matter what I bitch about.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Just Arrived
    Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    That looks pretty good.
    I know others would say is it a Sprint - but your car your choice yours to do whatever you wish And its easy reversible.
    FGX shape is growing more and more on me no matter what I bitch about.
    Thx FTe217.
    This pic really hits a home run for the FGX's IMO.

Validated User
    I don't mind it, although I think the car has lost pretty much its sprint identity from a afar.

Seen a white FGX G6ET last night and god it looked good! Id prefer to do this to a G6ET then a Sprint.
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT
    2017 SEADOO RXT300RS JETSKI

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dash gt For This Useful Post:

4Vman (11th August 2017),jimt3te50 (25th August 2017),Perko (24th August 2017)

Yes.

I think if you've deviated that far from the original aesthetics, especially to closely resemble those of a different model you've probably bought the wrong car?
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Ar it don't matter, only matters to the owner.

Perfect Winters weekend and I made the time early Sunday morn to venture out to a monthly car meet/hang around out near the foot of the mountains with the Sprint.
    Beautiful fresh air leaving home around 6.15am it was a pleasure getting out there for the run and catch up with quite a few Enthusiast friends I haven't seen for some time.
    Great variety of vehicles from exotic/latest models incl 2 Sprints/lots of Fords/Ponys//Commy this and that/Torries/Bel Airs/Nismos/1600's/Chargers - you name it it was around.
    Noticed from time to time the Sprint was getting pics taken and admired/or maybe criticised who knows but great few hours out then high tailed back home.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (24th August 2017)

Page 143 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145 ... LastLast