Page 154 of 155 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1542

Thread: Sprint owners discussion

I had a little drive on Tuesday morn with the Sprint to the parents place leaving it there heading to the airport.
    I had 2 passer by drivers giving the thumbs up - I reckon they think I'm a unmarked patrol car but admiring the Sprint - I don't know but its weird.
    I know when passing HWP's they give me a looking over knowing what the Sprint is or that at least they know its a Falcon Miami they'd wish is still around for them then there's the local daily duties whilst in the Korean SUV's/Camrys looking at me lol.......
    What a nice drive - can't wait to jump in it Sat morn on my return for the short burn home.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Been along time coming with all the work I've had since moving house early Dec but I finally gave the Sprint a quick tub vacuum etc for a much needed long overdue Friday night run with a couple of fellow TSeries mates.
    How nice it was being in the drivers seat of the Sprint8.
    Every drive is like getting to know you again.
    Gave it a few good blasts here and there its such a buzz doing so.
    I'm due for rear tyres.
    I'm shopping for suitable same OE offset 19" rims (so as I can store the originals) and I'll get a full set of PZeros but wow its such a pain finding a suitable rim to my liking and to suit.
    Rim selection is very boring so much same same designs and nothing is really grabbing my eye.
    Go figure what would look best to date imo but size not what I'm after - 20" copies of the usual GT rim on the 335's.
    Not going to happen.
    I'll keep shopping.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (22nd February 2018),imike1 (22nd February 2018),Randel (24th February 2018)

Thumbs up

Hey Maurie how about some pics ?

You know for those less fortunate one's that can't afford a stonking daily driver

Norms is a daily mate, mine ain't.
    Pics, I'm useless at posting as such, me couldn't be bothered click this, open acc, put in all my info, download pics,load pics, post pics.
    I'm lazy regards this mate.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Sad Panda

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 13726548 For This Useful Post:

Elks (23rd February 2018),FTe217 (23rd February 2018)

Come Sept Sprint will be 2yrs old.
    Today I have just done Sydney to Orange and back for the sons football game, approx 600k's.
    Having choices at times regards to cars is becoming a nice dilemma regards this.
    Take the Hilux, no care what happens to it, up high, nudge bar, bug spatter who cares, stone chips who cares and safety regards to night drive home re Roos.
    Run in the Mrs's CX5 ? would have been a good opportunity to feel how it really is.
    Sprint ? perfect run, hey its Falcon country - sunny day, Autumn perfection.
    Shit yer its the Sprint ! would be the longest run its had since I've owned it.
    Me the son and one other mate/player that I found out during the run his Dad drives the current WRX.
    Head up the usual way to Windsor, the Bells Line Rd to Lithgow - Bathurst - Orange.
    Oh for those lovely twisties but the restricted low speed limit is getting more and more frustrating and the odd fixed camera.
    For a moment now and then it just had to be done, smash the peddle to the floor for an adrenaline rush.
    OMG these things are fun !
    I had the boys loling at times with a few power slides exiting corners, my tyres are on the wear pads so she's slipping up under load even easier and I expect the motor now is getting more loose at 10,000 and with the nice fresh air she's responding noice.
    I thought I wonder what our mate thinks of this compared to his Dads rex.
    He was just loving it he said, the sound, being in the back he could feel the movement and was impressed how easy Sprint reacts.
    He commented more so that he could feel Sprint could pull and pull compared to the Rex.
    On the way back being dark and being more adventurous - more so to bugger all cars around us I attacked a climbing over taking lane section madly, couldn't help myself for the handling is brilliant for a large 4door and with power to burn its intoxicating, I love this Falcon so much, especially its sleeper look, people must think wtf when zooming by.
    I trailed for a while a guy in his late Cherokee who was moving 10-15k's over the limit.
    I decided I'm going to round this guy up next dual lane climb, I let him keep 3-4 car lengths on me for a couple of turns then hammered it dropping down to 3rd, Sprint rolling acceleration is impressive as we know and coming to a tight then sweeping left in no time I double shuffle for kicks to 2nd, she farts/cackle's then hearing the motor roar from accelerating 3rd hard down and rear is shifting out some collect it and pull away, the bloke must have thought what a mad bloody idiot !
    The boys were hyper ventilating and I was squeezing my butt cheeks for a mo then we giggled like girls fapping off what a hoot.
    Moments like these you go thank christ.
    What a day - what a excellent day, boys played well won, the drive was perfecto.
    Reminded me of the TSeries Nat runs around the Vic Alps, great driving pleasure in my Falcon.
    Been working too much and been too busy on weekends, today reminded me why I have these cars and what a injustice it is not using them enough.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

383gxl (6th May 2018),Elks (6th May 2018),HSE2 (10th May 2018),Randel (6th May 2018)

Great words Maurice, you missed your vocation in life as a wordsmith methinks. Had a club drive out to Bathurst with the Facebook group a few weekends back - stunning drive, day and vehicle all together. Should have seen us . . . 12 Sprints powering along in formation majesty together. Doesn't get much better. Nice to catch up again mate. Cheers.
    - Winter White XR6 Sprint #141 with 3M Carbon tint & Koya SF-06 19" silver machined-face rims; original PZeros -

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Falco For This Useful Post:

383gxl (6th May 2018),FTe217 (6th May 2018),HSE2 (10th May 2018)

Nice to see you drop back in Falco.
    I expect that run was over the weekend, winter time I'm too caught up due to family sports incl mine mate.
    Sounds great - wish I could be everywhere
    Don't be distant sir.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Falco (8th May 2018)

It was nice to get email notification you posted mate. Always enjoy your affable and positive postings. You may recall the reasons we discussed I wouldn't be posting and they are still valid however I saw so much passion in yours, as usual, I had to say hi. Great to see Black is getting a good burn now and then! Cheers mate.
    - Winter White XR6 Sprint #141 with 3M Carbon tint & Koya SF-06 19" silver machined-face rims; original PZeros -

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Falco For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (8th May 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    It was nice to get email notification you posted mate. Always enjoy your affable and positive postings. You may recall the reasons we discussed I wouldn't be posting and they are still valid however I saw so much passion in yours, as usual, I had to say hi. Great to see Black is getting a good burn now and then! Cheers mate.
    Perhaps, seeing as you have publically revealed an issue hindering participation her, some elaboration is in order.

What has occurred here we should know about?
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Page 154 of 155 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155 LastLast