Page 162 of 163 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163 LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1625

Thread: Sprint owners discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dash gt View Post
    I would ask them to show you their stock pile of 5w20 as they wont have it in drums (should be 20 or 205 litre drums, not held in a big tank).
    Yes mate another point brought up with Ian, get the Tech to show me his oil changing process.

On the other point you brought up and as Ian does taking your own oil in.
    This is what bugs me even more at this stage.
    All my other cars ie T3/hilux,wife's Jeep (prior to the new CX5 a few months back)kids cars I take ALL the parts to my long time local mechanic mate I've known for 30yrs.
    He's same age, he's a Enthusiast, he's pedantic and he knows what I expect.
    Never have a problem to date !
    Now the Sprint, I thought being its fresh/new/low k's my dealer to date has been good so I thought what could go wrong being a minor service and I'm there in the flesh just 2.5hrs and thought, I know I'll get ripped in parts but so be it.
    Well its caught me eh.
    Whats worse is the time this will take to get sorted and in the meantime I can't just take it for a spur of the moment spin now.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Sprint owners discussion

Honestly the easiest way would be to go and buy the right oil and get a mobile service guy to come and do an oil change. Be another $150 out of pocket but at least you know itís right. And no stuffing round.
    The book will already show the correct ford stamped service so wonít make any difference there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (6th December 2018)

or just bring your own oil to the dealership. I do with the Wassp.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Lesson learnt re IF going back to the dealer, take everything I need to be changed from here on.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    Honestly the easiest way would be to go and buy the right oil and get a mobile service guy to come and do an oil change. Be another $150 out of pocket but at least you know itís right. And no stuffing round.
    The book will already show the correct ford stamped service so wonít make any difference there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah let the dealer sort the issue and have it documented.
    2017.5 FORD MONDEO TITANIUM DIESEL
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325

Quote Originally Posted by dash gt View Post
    Nah let the dealer sort the issue and have it documented.
    Yep.

That Typo could actually work in Mauries fav if anything goes wrong down the track.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (6th December 2018)

D, your suggestion has merit But considering the consequences IF so down the track and say it is the wrong oil its better staying on the Dealer path - I already have a email as evidence of error and anything further documented is a bonus.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

I'm smelling some concerns.
    My reply email was sent 3.34pm yesterday, no response yet.
    I would consider re active action regards this quite simple imo but maybe they are flat out and he also I expect need to discuss with his superior who maybe unavailable or ?.
    In the meantime I wait, only last night I was in the situation I could have taken Sprint for a run being I went to watch my 2 boys play 6aside football last night.
    Now the weekend he will also stay dormant and it will be a perfect weekend weather wise.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    I'm smelling some concerns.
    My reply email was sent 3.34pm yesterday, no response yet.
    I would consider re active action regards this quite simple imo but maybe they are flat out and he also I expect need to discuss with his superior who maybe unavailable or ?.
    In the meantime I wait, only last night I was in the situation I could have taken Sprint for a run being I went to watch my 2 boys play 6aside football last night.
    Now the weekend he will also stay dormant and it will be a perfect weekend weather wise.
    I would be asking them to get a tow truck there today and do the change straight away.

Stuff them its their error.
    2017.5 FORD MONDEO TITANIUM DIESEL
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dash gt For This Useful Post:

4Vman (7th December 2018)

Dash, I hear you but I don't trust towy's.
    I had the T3 once organised carefully for a tray back towy to get from a to b once, they don't give a you know what, scrartched front and rear bars even after warning them of this in the first place, paw prints all over the drivers doors.
    Its just a job to them.
    I ain't putting Sprint on one, and as Ian mentions what IF the oil is wrong and having to start it AND unless its a total flat bed that can lower to ground level then where do they put the chain/strap to pull the Sprint on the next case without stuffing the lower front bar for eg......
    Nah I want them to load a ute up with a jack/floor stands correct oil and filter and do it at my place is the way I'm thinking.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Page 162 of 163 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163 LastLast