Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Camping

Camping

So...

did this on the long weekend

bread and butter for the trusty falcon..

haven't camped in nearly 15 years. thought we'd give it another crack. we camped in the Naracoorte Caves National Park. its in a campground so has shower/toilet block available, so we weren't totally 'roughing it' so to speak. was a great little spot and thoroughly enjoyed 5 days kicking back 'off the grid'.

we did the caves whilst there and they are amazing. if you haven't done the caves and it interests you, then i would highly recommend them.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to prydey For This Useful Post:

4Vman (29th April 2016),Burnout (30th April 2016),defective (29th April 2016),Elks (1st May 2016),FTe217 (1st May 2016),project 064 (30th April 2016),Road_Warrior (29th April 2016),TICK4D-TAS (29th April 2016),WASP (27th February 2017)

This is one of the good threads on aff too. I've just finished packing our trailer, in the morning it's just load up the chilly bins hook up the trailer and We are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Good idea. We've got a Coromal F400 wind up camper that we will be hoping to get some more use out of this year now that the kids are past the 'painful traveler' phase. Gotta do some mods to it first, might even start a project thread for it
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    This is one of the good threads on aff too. .
    Started by the same person

6. The Following User Says Thank You to prydey For This Useful Post:

Burnout (30th April 2016)

Good lookin' camp, bloke.
    Hope you get out more n' more. I enjoy all my little trips around - lots more to come too.

Oh, BTW, when camping using a trailer years ago, I found to keep the gear dry, I got hold of a very large tarp, laid it in the bottom of the trailer, with the rest of it over the A frame. Then we packed all the gear in folded up the sides into the middle then the rest over the top to the rear and tied it down. Nice cocoon and your gear stays dry in any dirty weather.
    BAII RTV A Farmers Rocket.

I was a camper back in the scout days etc but not coming of age or with my family.
    As much as I admire peoples efforts - set ups - and the wonderful places to stay at or venture around our beautiful country I always see it as to laborious and the amount of stuff you need + the weather makes or breaks it.
    We have over the years stayed in the cabins at cara parks and find this pretty dam close to the camping feel LOL....
    I can walk by them and admire and say GDay
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

project 064 (2nd May 2016)

I gave up camping when they invented motels....lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluestuff1 For This Useful Post:

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    I was a camper back in the scout days etc but not coming of age or with my family.
    As much as I admire peoples efforts - set ups - and the wonderful places to stay at or venture around our beautiful country I always see it as to laborious and the amount of stuff you need + the weather makes or breaks it.
    We have over the years stayed in the cabins at cara parks and find this pretty dam close to the camping feel LOL....
    I can walk by them and admire and say GDay
    I liked the Primus stove, camp bed with sleeping bags, the sound of rain on the tent, sitting around the gas light, telling yarns to each other. Good Days indeed.

Yes Blue, I had gone that train of thought longlong ago, more so renting house's but I have to say having mentioned made use of those cabins in caravan parks at times, depending the type you go for and some are really good quality nowadays having kids still at 16 and 11yrs they have a Great time due to many other kids around and facilities leaving us parents with much eating and drink time !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Bluestuff1 (2nd May 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by project 064 View Post
    sitting around the gas light,
    as you can see in the second pic, i have a nice big LED lantern hanging from the centre (1000 lumens) but also still went with the gas light as well. this was pretty much 100% for nostalgic reasons. you don't feel like you are properly camping without that gas light

16. The Following User Says Thank You to prydey For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast