Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Camping

Correct RW, Polys are pretty good imo.....
    You left some air in them didn't you whilst not in use/towing right ?
    Right thing for Rob to fit one day.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Correct RW, Polys are pretty good imo.....
    You left some air in them didn't you whilst not in use/towing right ?
    Right thing for Rob to fit one day.
    Yeah. In fact, I think they're still pumped up
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

hehe, min 10lb mate when not laden.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Road_Warrior (15th June 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Don't forget shocks are not load carriers, so even by fitting a firmer shock the ride height is the same with or without load.
    Run a stiffer/firmer shock unladen will ride harsh/er,
    Yeah ok, I thought a stiffer shock may help reduce the squat under load but obviously not. I don't really want to alter too much given 99% of the time it won't be towing. I think for the time being it will be fine as is but I wouldn't want it to be much lower.

Dave, does your van run a hand pump water tap over the sink or have you got a 12v pump?

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    Dave, does your van run a hand pump water tap over the sink or have you got a 12v pump?
    It had one of those stupid plastic hand pumps but I installed a 12v one before Easter. Wasn't a hard job, just fiddly. You need to be confident with auto electrics though if you're thinking of doing it yourself.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

prydey (15th June 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    It had one of those stupid plastic hand pumps but I installed a 12v one before Easter. Wasn't a hard job, just fiddly. You need to be confident with auto electrics though if you're thinking of doing it yourself.
    do you run solar power to keep your battery topped up, or is there enough juice in a 100ah battery to run lights and a water pump for a few days?

do you run solar power to keep your battery topped up, or is there enough juice in a 100ah battery to run lights and a water pump for a few days?
    No solar. I've never run out of power on that battery. But, lights are turned off when they arent needed or when we're not in the van, the tap is only used when you need to fill the sink or kettle or whatever, and I never run the fridge off it. That Dometic 3 way (I see yours is the same model as mine) will flatten it within a day no problem.

I plug the van in to the house for about 24 hours before going away which tops it up, and when on the move it is plugged into the car in any case so it is always full before use.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

prydey (15th June 2017)

Thanks. Good to know the battery should cope ok for short stays.

As for the fridge, it will likely never run on 12v. Like you, the normal procedure for most people is to plug the van in to the house 24-48 hours before leaving to top up the battery and get the fridge cold.

No Anderson's on the van yet and I only had 1 put on the car which I will eventually run the fridge off with a switch to turn off when car isn't running. I figured if the battery was full when leaving it won't need charging while driving.

Thanks for the help. All new to me, esp knowing how many days you can get out of the battery etc. Will eventually add solar.

Thanks. Good to know the battery should cope ok for short stays.

As for the fridge, it will likely never run on 12v. Like you, the normal procedure for most people is to plug the van in to the house 24-48 hours before leaving to top up the battery and get the fridge cold.

No Anderson's on the van yet and I only had 1 put on the car which I will eventually run the fridge off with a switch to turn off when car isn't running. I figured if the battery was full when leaving it won't need charging while driving.

Thanks for the help. All new to me, esp knowing how many days you can get out of the battery etc. Will eventually add solar.
    No problem at all, I guess the only way you're going to find the limits of your battery is through trial and error, but if its in good shape I see no reason it can't last for 3-odd days. Eventually I want to add solar as well but most likely a portable job that plugs into the existing Anderson plug.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast