Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GT F for sale in QLD.

Be better off shedding it for 24 months, being constantly advertised is always a negative imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by dash gt View Post
    It owes them alot of money...

Initially it was bought new by a wholesaler to keep, but he then sold it on to dealer 2, who paid big dollars for it, the cycle has been on going.

As for Pursuits they are WORTHLESS as a trade now.. Thought I would see what mine was worth and was shocked.

I have a feeling these cars are all going to drop their asses big time.
    Hope the dealer chokes on it tbh.

Shame regards the Pursuit but your always going to get minimal coin via a trade value as you know, ironic they want it both ways huh.
    The ute was never going to be that special compared to GTF for lets face it they didn't do enough to them in the first place from memory.
    In time privately I expect they would get some ok coin for unlike the robbing dealers a enthusiast pays what they think its worth to themselves.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

I wouldn't use dealer trade in values as any guide to market value either.

Most are only interested in a bargain and doubling their money on a quick flip.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

project 064 (24th May 2016)

Dash has been to used to only worrying about what the change over price is for as long as I can recall.
    Hurts even more when having a "special" when comes the time to trade or considering to the "special" is not what its meant to be through a dealers greedy eye.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Validated User
    It's disappointing. I've done enough deals to know what's going on but these FPV's are useless. I priced mine at a few dealers to ensure it wasn't an error. My 2 year old px 4x2 ranger xlt was worth more as a trade then the pursuit, and cost 20k less...

Ps if anyone is chasing a pursuit I have one here waiting for a new home.
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4 (waiting patiently for Raptor).
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dash gt For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (24th May 2016)

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    I wouldn't use dealer trade in values as any guide to market value either.

Most are only interested in a bargain and doubling their money on a quick flip.
    It's a good indication of what is going on. You could rely on carsales dreamers, but they don't sell.

As for what the dealer paid for the GTF being irrelevant, there's no way they will sell for auction value. Some wood duck will buy it.
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT

Quote Originally Posted by dash gt View Post
    It's disappointing. I've done enough deals to know what's going on but these FPV's are useless. I priced mine at a few dealers to ensure it wasn't an error. My 2 year old px 4x2 ranger xlt was worth more as a trade then the pursuit, and cost 20k less...

Ps if anyone is chasing a pursuit I have one here waiting for a new home.
    yer I can imagine the flat feeling Dash, part why I haven't bought new in a while, if your leasing a different matter but to date for yonks I have bought pre loved low low k outright - the savings are funfun....
    One day I'm gonna take advantage of a low k pre loved massive depreciation hit hipo euro but thats another day.
    Unfortunately modern day plastics as known are struggling but I have some faith after 2017 on prices may start to up for those holding onto them for the sake of it and may obtain a better price than expected if moving them on.

It funny no matter what hipo it is today they lose a bomb (barring certain exotics and) - look at bimmers,audi's,MB's etc but the boring high volume Toyotas/todays mazdas/your PX another example have better % re sale to a point LOL.....
    My current Hilux having rolled over 100k now I reckon I can still get not far off I paid for it - ridiculous.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Right now isn't a good time to try and sell these sorts of cars, be that pursuit or GTF.

At some point the rareness of the pursuit will kick in. It always has but again you have to find that buyer who thinks like in a particular way.

These are cars you probably have to sell privately to get the best return or the least amount of loss. That takes time and adds expense which is why many people can't be bothered trying to sell that way. A trade, in many cases, is close enough to not go through the pain of personal public dealings.

A friend has been trying. To sell his EB GT. Much drama and much idiots out there.

If you want to give stuff away, it's a fine, but now is not the best environment to sell specific value items. The market isn't seeing them in most cases.

The ute is an interesting situation in years to come.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

As a trade it is just a falcon ute so you will get screwed. As Ian says, sit back and pick your target after all it is the last V8 and most powerful Falcon ute ever made although it is FG2 not FG3.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by flappist View Post
    As a trade it is just a falcon ute so you will get screwed. As Ian says, sit back and pick your target after all it is the last V8 and most powerful Falcon ute ever made although it is FG2 not FG3.
    Yeh I know.

I only call it an FG3 because it has FGX bits on it.
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast