Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mustang GT review by Drive

Mustang GT review by Drive

http://www.drive.com.au/new-car-revi...30-gp6z5v.html

This is an interesting read and in my opinion a balanced review which echoes many of my own concerns about the generation 6 stang.

I found myself nodding in agreement with the interior observations, agreeing that a car like this should have the latest safety, driving aids, chiefly blind spot monitoring if Falcon gets pinged for the same omissions.

If this G6 Mustang has increased internal accommodation I would hate to see what the previous 5 generations were like because I am still not convinced the rears seat,even by coupe standards, is acceptable and I am more focused on the head room then leg room.

At 57500 its still a lot of car for the money. I hope Hertz put one on down here in Tassie because i think it would be popular on our roads. I am keen to try one out for myself one day.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Validated User
    I just wonder if Ford Aus requested that these first lot were de-contented while Falcon is still around.

Blind spot assist should be at-least available as an option on all cars now.

Fords blunder with the triLED drls is also a let down.
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT
    2017 SEADOO RXT300RS JETSKI

Dash, I highly doubt Ford making sure the Export Ponys would have less due to last Falcons still in market, the volume isn't high enough imo.
    Wonder if the Euros are complaining of less compared to usual EU brands std extras.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Once the initial hype dies off, these will still see all the negativity that the Falcon has seen, as well as being underpowered compared to others. Wait till we see the ecoboost reviews.

I wonder who the first reporter will be to bag the driving position?

I feel we may be behind the 8 ball more than we were with Falcon.

I dont have the want or need for all the farkles/apps/gadgets but that is what people want nowadays.

I really want to drive one before I make up my mind.

I have also started to read more reviews, the latest by Motor who put it up against the two sprints and the SSV.

Motor have picked on the quality of the interior but not much else. It was praised for its suspension set up and for its engine that fights more like a 6 litre than the 5 it is. Indeed on a surface that wasn't very grippy it did a pretty good job.

When the roads turned real, it also did brightly in comparison.
    So it should as a sports car.
    They did also mention the different modes did nothing for the experience.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Yes, a pretty fair review it seems. Still for the money I think you get a really comprehensive and attractive package. Pace wise it not exactly off the mark either and certainly holds its own. Its a bit vanilla in terms of outright technical performance specs that I don't think that's going to bother too many in that price range looking for a sports coupe. It is only the entry point for Mustang after all. If only we had access to the GT350/R
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

project 064 (3rd June 2016),Randel (4th June 2016)

Recently had the opportunity to drive a Mustang GT. First impressions of driving was how long is this bonnet? Seats were good with plenty of bottom side support. Loved the cooling seat feature. Heated seats as well. Rear seat room is only by moving front seats forward and even then its too tight for an average person. Rear seats are only good for short distances. Handling is pretty impresive, having driven the ecoboost mustang, the extra weight of the coyote is noticable. Not as sharp as the ecoboost.

Power wise, after reading the latest bang for buck im scatching my head how a natural aspirated coyote can match or get as close to the sprint twins?? Dont get ne wrong, it gets up and goes, but haven driven a miami and fgx turbos the mustang feels alot slower.

Exterior wise, the car is very appealing. It body curves flow very well. Attracts alot of attention while driving.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Futura For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (4th June 2016)

The lack of the digital speedo, meant that you had to look at the dial speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    The lack of the digital speedo, meant that you had to look at the dial speedo.
    I actually think it's an issue, it's a lot quicker to read a digital speedo
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    I actually think it's an issue, it's a lot quicker to read a digital speedo
    Totally agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast