Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: RIP Thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Yep.

For those on Instagram go check out Dan Blizarian, massive playboy/gun enthusiast who was in the crowd at the concert and filmed his escape amongst the gun fire and people being hit.

He was spewing he wasnt armed and planned on going home to get an assault rifle...
    I see he has copped a bit of a spray for his video

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/37321206...-running-away/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

4Vman (4th October 2017)

RIP Malcolm Young
    THe man who developed all those rifts for AC DC
    you made a lot of people happy with your music

And just short weeks after your brother, George, another music talent passed away
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

defective (19th November 2017),FTe217 (19th November 2017),Randel (20th November 2017)

Yep sad day indeed.

Seem to say it every time, but so many of the musical legends many of us grew up with are passing on... Leaving the music industry a shell of its former self imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

This is hitting the spot too close now.
    One of our BEST ever and the joy the music brings when you hear it to this day, if you want to get pumped before going out, or just driving in your fav Ford belting out akadaka, love it !
    Legend - RIP mate.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Triple m have been playing ac/dc all day, it's bloody awesome, but friggn annoying that it takes such a loss for a rock station to play actual rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

RIP Buddy Moore.

http://performance.ford.com/series/s...e-tribute.html

DEARBORN - NASCAR Hall of Famer Walter "Bud" Moore, a World War II hero and champion car owner, passed away Nov. 27.

The South Carolina native won 63 races and two championships as a NASCAR team owner, and also led Ford Motor Company to the 1970 SCCA Trans-Am championship with Parnelli Jones in the Boss 302 Mustang.

Among the legendary drivers who drove for him in NASCAR were Bobby Allison, Buddy Baker, Earnhardt, Ricky Rudd, Morgan Shepherd, Fireball Roberts, David Pearson, Rex White, Cale Yarborough, Tiny Lund, Darrell Waltrip, Benny Parsons and Bobby Isaac.

He stormed the beaches on Normandy on D-Day during World War II, and also fought in the Battle of the Bulge. During his service during that time, he earned five Purple Hearts and two Bronze Stars for his action in battle.

Besides his induction into the NASCAR Hall of Fame in 2011, Moore is a member of the Stock Car Hall of Fame (2002), the International Motorsport Hall of Fame (2009) and the Motorsport Hall of Fame of America (2013). He was also given Ford Motor Company’s highest racing honor – the Spirit of Ford – in 1995.

WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER YOUR GREATEST IMPACT ON CARS AND THE AUTO INDUSTRY?

“We did a lot of work on the cars. We’re the ones that pioneered the 302 engine and also the 289 in the Trans-Am Series. Then when Ford pulled out in 1970, I think we were the only ones that didn’t completely lose our deal. We started working on the 351 Cleveland small block and NASCAR was running the big block, the 427s and the 429s. We were pioneering the 351 and I finally started racing the 351 Cleveland in 1972 and we ran quite a few races with it and it ran well. Finally, I convinced France. I told him, ‘You need to get rid of those big old motors and get rid of those restrictor plates you’ve got on them and run a small block.’ He said, ‘What do you mean?’ I said, ‘I’m running a small block. Why don’t you make everybody else run one?’ I convinced him that was the way to go and that’s what he did. In 1973 he told everybody that starting in 1974 they were gonna have to start running the 351 and they did. In ’74 they came out with the rules that said nothing bigger than 358 cubic inches and that’s what they’re still running today.”

Little known fact there was a secret alloy inlet manifold available for the Phase 3.

It was an alloy version of the cast iron one, called the "Buddy Bar" named after Buddy who invented it for the Cleveland as a 20kg weight saving..
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (29th November 2017)

FFS I'm getting on hearing of this one.

RIP HUGE man Darrell Eastlake.
    You can never forget this guys enthusiasm at commentary amongst other things.
    Life saver, raced some cars but those early days of Origin and leagues heydays he was mad to listen to.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

FFS I'm getting on hearing of this one.

RIP HUGE man Darrell Eastlake.
    You can never forget this guys enthusiasm at commentary amongst other things.
    Life saver, raced some cars but those early days of Origin and leagues heydays he was mad to listen to.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Well this is sad.
    RIP Burt Reynolds !
    Enjoyed this guy very much - not the typical Hollywood dood.
    Some funny films and good sporting ones as well - he could have been a pro back in his young days.
    82yrs.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (7th September 2018)

Sad day, absolute legend, loved his films, especially Smokey and the Bandit and Boogie nights.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast