Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tickford; Performance driven by passion.

Going ranger first is definitely the right call, as said its a big seller with a growing fan base.

It will be interesting to see if later on down the track they are willing to take on models that are already high performers and improve on them again or concentrate on the lesser models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

To be honest the key moving forward is differentiation and point of difference.

There's no point entering the market to make up numbers..

In terms of Mustang in the absence of an offical OE Performance version the market here frankly is confusing and already saturated and some.

There has to be casualties, so hopefully Tickford can find a level of attachment closer to OE than anyone else.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I've already seen one comment on bookface asking if it will increase the values of the original tickfords haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    I've already seen one comment on bookface asking if it will increase the values of the original tickfords haha
    PMSL...
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

PMSL - all da way to tha bank
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

What a shame Ford can't just keep the Geelong engine plant open to keep a T6 in production for the Ranger. Bugger diesel - imagine one powering along with a turbo 6 in it! I've no idea what the economics of that would be but it is a tantalizing thought - to me anyway.
    - Winter White XR6 Sprint #141 with 3M Carbon tint & Koya SF-06 19" silver machined-face rims; original PZeros -

Been there, done that with the T6 Territory and it wasn't a big seller and was tore down for its fuel usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Been there, done that with the T6 Territory and it wasn't a big seller and was tore down for its fuel usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To be fair T Terri was ahead of its time

Got a Supercheap Auto catalogue today and in it they are running a competition to win a Tickford Ranger. Only a basic CGI representation, but it looks quite promising.

20160927_231641.jpg
    "I'm a pretty proud driver of the Ford Falcon." - Mark Winterbottom.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DoctorCleveland For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (28th September 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    To be fair T Terri was ahead of its time
    It did come a bit early before the performance SUV segment really took off, but even now high powered diesels and modern V6 Turbos remain popular because of their claimed low fuel economy vs performance. The some SUV's get to break this trend but they are mostly luxury prestige models where emotive purchasing decisions made, and less emphasis is placed on vehicle running costs. I think the SRT gets away with it all because it is so outrageous in its intent, and remains unapologetic to its fuel guzzling V8 sterotype.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast