Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Supercars Season (Could contain Spoilers)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2017 Supercars Season (Could contain Spoilers)

Post all next years goss and speculation here.

First off:

Newcastle confirmed? for next 5 years?

http://www.nxfm.com.au/thisisnewcast...-v8-supercars/

After months of speculation, we can confirm the V8 Supercars are coming to Newcastle for the next five years - with the first race in November 2017.

The proposed street circuit route runs along Wharf Road, loops around Horseshoe and Nobbys Beaches, goes up past Fort Scratchley to Scott Street, through the middle of Pacific Park, and then onto Watt Street.

The race, which will be known as the Coates Hire Newcastle 500, is set to inject more than $57 million into the local economy and attract 81,000 visitors.

Newcastle will replace Sydney Olympic Park as the final race on the season calendar.

Attached Images Attached Images
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (27th September 2016),phillyc (27th September 2016)

yep it was coming.
    Thank goodness Homebush is gone !
    I like the Newy foreshore (they have spent a fortune renovating all over the place incl cafes/bars etc) and surrounds and the track layout looks pretty good.
    As long as dates don't clash I'll be going.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

just another street circuit
    would rather see money going into permanent facilities
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (27th September 2016)

Agree but it is what it is, I can't see anything of a dedicated circuit eventuate unless the likes of the next Bob Jane or another private land owner like yourself Mr Slow wishing to build his passion shrine in the hope of making a buck over time.
    For now, just got to move with the times and see what it delivers.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Validated User
    So how do interstaters get to the event?
    Aeropelican used to fly into the southern area's of Newcastle, Virgin fly into WilliamsTown RAAF Base, which is still a fair way from Newcastle's CBD.
    Or fly direct to Sydney & drive up to Newcastle?
    I am very interested in attending, this place has to be better than Homebush.
    As long as they don't do the Indycar trick & jack up Motel/Hotel prices 200% during the week end of racing!!!!

Yer, Virgin or REX to Williamtown.
    25min drive to Newy.
    Land Sydney - 2hr drive north.
    Look no doubt hotels/motels etc will jack up prices just depends how much of a hike.
    It will be heaps better than Homebush from what I see.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

I don't rate Bright all that highly. Doesn't seem like s smart move but will await further information to come through. Happy to eat my own words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (23rd November 2016)

http://www.supercars.com/news/champi.../?sf43368609=1

Dale Wood heads to Erebus Motorsport
    2 Hours ago
     By Kassie Gadeke
     Virgin Australia Supercars Championship

Erebus Motorsport has signed 2013 Dunlop Series winner Dale Wood to drive the #4 Commodore in the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship until the end of 2018.

Wood will enter his fourth full season in the category, returning to race a Holden after competing for Nissan Motorsport this year.

News broke earlier this month that import Simona De Silvestro would take his seat and today Erebus confirms Wood's new home.

I am really excited to be joining Erebus Motorsport and being part of a smaller, tight-knit team, Wood said.

Im particularly excited about being partnered with Dave; we are both like-minded characters with a similar sense of humour, so I think the garage will be very upbeat.

Dave will also be a huge challenge and Ive got a lot to learn; theres been so many instances this year Ive watched some of the laps hes done and hes done a standout job.
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (25th November 2016),TICK4D-TAS (25th November 2016)

Well Rusty French didn't buy the Super Black REC, Bought by the Blanchard family and will be the 3rd car at Brad Jones Racing

http://www.supercars.com/news/champi.../?sf44416277=1

Super Black sells REC to Tim Blanchard Racing
    0 hours ago By Super Black Racing Virgin Australia Supercars Championship
    Super Black Racing today confirms it has concluded a deal to sell its Racing Entitlement Contract (REC) to Tim Blanchard Racing.

The Blanchard family has a long history in motorsport and the purchase ensures that team can move forward towards its next stage.

The REC is to be raced out of Brad Jones Racing next season and has been purchased as part of the Blanchards' long-term plan for Tim Blanchard Racing.

Super Black Racing team manager Greg Hahn explained: “We must thank Rusty French for supporting our back-up plan and honouring the commitments of his friend, the late Tony Lentino, with his commitments.

"Unfortunately though, we just didn’t get the support we needed from New Zealand to continue given the time frame we had. It’s disappointing for the team and for our driver Chris Pither, but hopefully it won’t be the last time you see Super Black Racing on the grid line up."

The potential quick appointment of Jason Bright into the Prodrive camp meant French was unable to continue with the purchase of the REC under Supercars rules. Being a shareholder in Prodrive would mean that he would have had control over five RECs and under Supercars rules the limit is four.

"You could say we are taking a sabbatical and we will reset and look toward a more sustainable New Zealand campaign in the near future,” Hahn added.

“These things take time and we would like to think we can get back into the main game at a later date and that we have showed on numerous occasions what the team and Chris have been capable of.”

Super Black Racing looks forward to a positive result this weekend at for the last round of the season at Sydney Olympic Park.

Driven by BOOST
    Fuck another shitbox lion badged mid to rear pack car on the grid!!
    Commodore cup.... Lets go there....

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast