Page 125 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1657

Thread: 2017 Supercars Season (Could contain Spoilers)

you betya !
    why I said a minor consolation but who cares, means jack shit, so does the Championship kind of as well.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    you betya !
    why I said a minor consolation but who cares, means jack shit, so does the Championship kind of as well.
    Ask the Sponsors what they'd prefer.

I'll bet they'd rather have their name on the Series Champions car over Bathurst winners.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I know the main Penrite family member very well - do they care of the overall Championship ? not really, its nice but know what I mean, Bathurst means alot !.
    This is just 1 company I know involved - I'll ask a few others I know when ever I catch up with them between now and Newcastle, let you know what the balance is from my survey.

*edit - what your not realising is viewer audience branding.
    None of the other rounds get more average punter viewers, that at least take some interest of Bathurst.
    Or even on the sports news they may take more notice results of Bathurst - other rounds they wouldn't give a toss to pay attention to results.
    Hence, how many people saw/noticed PENRITE on DR's car.
    branding branding branding, Bathurst is King, followed by Clipsal and soon Melb F1 time being points are counted finally.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Fans care about the rest, but for the average punter and globally, Supercars only race once a year that counts and that is at Bathurst. It's a bit like the Daytona and Indy 500
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (12th October 2017),Randel (13th October 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Ask the Sponsors what they'd prefer.

I'll bet they'd rather have their name on the Series Champions car over Bathurst winners.
    They want Someone who is good with clients and markatable. At the end of the day they bring the big clients to the race or take the driver to the clients events.

Lowndes would still be no 1. And he really hasn't won much. Bright is apparently a great ambassador.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VZTRT For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (12th October 2017)

Napa has been hammering it on social media since Sunday,,and good on them.

Brilliant exposure for them since the rebranding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (12th October 2017)

yer Logan Napa store.
    Dumbrell would be churning his insides - had been the no1 Autobarn store for some 30yrs and that Napa deal was done just some months ago.
    So AB have opened up a new store just down the road haha.

Correct VZTRT - my earlier comments re RB, without Lowndes their marketing revenue would be way low relying on Whingecup x 6 times Champ SVG current Champ.
    In the big picture sure being a Champ is great for any branding but its Not the be all end all.
    Sponsers no matter the car comes down to leveraging with the team/drivers/team principles appearances to client functions/track pit tours and other involvements incl promotions.
    Its don't matter being the Championship team - company such as Freightliner (I won't quote what they have resigned for) but they milk it huge in the HD game and recover alot - BJR haven't own anything.
    Penrite - a brilliant marketing machine - will leverage a Bathurst DR win farfar better than a Championship win for eg.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

I not long ago today got a proposal from a crowd regards to track signage marketing.
    Considering the comments made regards to bang for buck re advertising/winning Bathurst to Championship returns if comparing the 2.
    See below stats this crowd has passed on :
    **Wilson Security Sandown 500
    15-17 Sept
    VIC
    1,074,500 Avg TV audience
    75,000 attendance
    **Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000
    5-8 October
    NSW
    3,914,167 Avg TV audience
    220,000 Attendance
    Gold Coast 600
    20-22 October
    QLD
    1,549,000 Avg TV audience
    200,000 attendance
    ITMAuckland SuperSprint
    3-5 November
    NZ
    Coates Hire Newcastle 500*
    24-26 November
    NSW

TV audience across FTA and STV channels continue to grow.
    Cumulative total average audience ratings up 16% YoY.

Forget their % increase for where do they get their stats from etcetc But what I'm bringing up was my point of winning Bathurst compared to the Championship as THE one to win and gain marketing traction from in general.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Ok.

So out of 15 events Bathurst gets a bit over twice the exposure of the next biggest event.

So very roughly Bathurst is 15-20% of the total exposure of the series.

In other words the rest of the series is were you get 80-85% of your total exposure....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Your a book, I expected your return.
    Not everyone sees things your way.
    So your 80-85% tbh are the SAME support base in most case's if could be broken.
    The point I have been making Bathurst, not just having the wider audience but more so the average punter incl women for its just as a huge WCup football/soccer match for eg, the Norm take notice of the result as a matter of interest when mentioned on the news - a smaller % portion takes notice of the Championship winner, that wider 80-85%, - again those only who do follow the sport race in race out.
    Who cares about them there converted, they have vested interest, incremental growth/sales comes from that other portion and as said they take notice of the Bathurst for a minute, whereas none of the Championship winner.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

TS50 (12th October 2017)

Page 125 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast