Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bathurst 12hour 2017

Bathurst 12hour 2017

Well, I was looking forward to this next year for the the field is looking very promising as its gaining more and more OS support.
    As most know being a Ferrari supporter since I was a piccolo this is one Ferrari I hope doesn't make it to the finish line one bit
    http://www.insidesport.com.au/motors...12-hour-438222

Here is the general press release on the event
    http://www.insidesport.com.au/motors...pected--437998
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Will be there again next weekend plenty going on. Put some money into Hobson Motorsport GTR #66 for this year a small privateer team with no factory backing doing it old school working real jobs and racing when they can.
    Friday night at Panarottis Bar and Grill with Brett and Laura Hobson, Craillsy the race caller, Matt the Aust GT media rep etc.. about 50 of us all up should be a good night before things step up on saturday. My Lotus will be on display behind the main stand Saturday and Sunday.
    Will be doing some demo laps in a new dark blue Exige around midday on saturday doing my bit for Lotus (time allowing) with a few other supercars should be a bit of fun.

If you look at the current GT3s, the people and manufacturers that are involved and the races they can enter with these cars. The global scale of this thing and the technical freedom. GT3 is the possibly best thing that has happened to motorsports in my life time. I'll enjoy every minute at the race track this year, as ever and it seems every year I become more involved in the sport, the speed, sound and these awesome cars become addictive.

Sorry Maurie Fezzas are going to be bit thin on the ground this year, a few reasons for that mainly the cost by far the most expensive car on the grid at @$1m ready to go. Clearwater are not entering their car apparently not happy with the BOP and dont want to risk damaging the new 488 in a long race they cannot win based on current BOP rules.

_

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FPV+fteT3 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (28th January 2017),FTe217 (1st February 2017)

Thanks for the post Steve.
    I've lost track of time - was this on last weekend or this ? fecked if I know.
    Shame the prancing horse isn't there but some great machinery competing nonetheless.
    Look forward to your update and pics hopefully and good luck.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

What a rookie mistake by Lowndes! Very lucky not to go a lap down.

Note to Ferrari: DONT finish with Whincup..

Jus sayin.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Road_Warrior (5th February 2017)

It would be killer if we could get a Ford GT in this race next year.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

4Vman (5th February 2017),FTe217 (5th February 2017),Randel (6th February 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Note to Ferrari: DONT finish with Whincup..

Jus sayin.
    Well, all I see that is was a Maranello 488 win ! they may have been scarce Steve but all you need is one eh
    Watched some footage - had some nice speed down Conrod.
    Vilander drove it superb to put the car in good position.

Love those Bentleys - what a beast !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    I really enjoyed this race. Well run by the looks with plenty of interesting cars. Great format at a great venue.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    I really enjoyed this race. Well run by the looks with plenty of interesting cars. Great format at a great venue.
    Whereas I think the only thing that save the race was the venue
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    Whereas I think the only thing that save the race was the venue
    Why was that? I must admit not to watching the whole race. The variety of cars was for me something different. Not the same vibe of the V8's but certainly different and enough to sit back, relax, and enjoy.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast