Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opportunity to ask questions of Tickford

Opportunity to ask questions of Tickford

We have the chance to ask questions or give feedback on the Tickford venture.

Just a bit of feedback to date on where they are at.

Two cars were shown at Bathurst, both were very well received from the crowd reaction I watched.

We even had a guy come up to us (we were sitting in a T3 ) asking questions and talking about how all of a sudden his EB GT would be cool again. Not sure I get that one but hey, it beats the serial ford fans propensity to tear stuff apart I guess.

With that in mind the team are after feedback.

Mustang.
    Wheels, ride height are said to be very close. Drivetrain not locked away, and they have another two kits to consider as they aren't convinced with the one on show.

I didn't mind it personally.

Ranger.

I had a couple of issues with some of the quality that I raised. I liked the answers.

I had heard bad things about a preview showing of the front grill.
    The grill on these cars was a further evolution, faults removed. There is another update to come where a change of texture and colour currently at 4 will be reduced to 2 in the frontal area making it way more factory in appearance.

The interior offers a number of nice touches including the steering wheel.

Areas of concerns for me were the side steps, the heading of flare plugs, and what appeared to be damage caused by stones. All areas of my concerns were already either a focus or something that could be accommodated.

I guess the best part is that being PRA, they are somewhat acclimatised to being run down by Ford fans. Over the years there isn't much they haven't heard regarding their on track performance, so basically don't hold back.

Fire away with questions, observations, concerns and I will see what I can organise in the coming weeks.

I think I will give this two weeks then see what response we get. Sound fair?
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

The hardest thing I find is just the new tickford emblem, i liked the old one. Me being an old tickford fan is probably why. Most marketing people would say don't change it, cause sometimes with the change u tend to lose customers. I feel it had more of a connection with Ford n falcon, the old one did
    Last edited by andrewforbes; 18th October 2016 at 12:20 AM.

Ranger, the sports bar on the back looked a little too plastic, if they could do it in aluminium n powder coat it in black, would make it look better and also be functional. Cause I feel they won't just be driven in the city. The grill I don't mind, the only thing I don't like is that big arse tickford written across the front, I get why it's there but couldn't it be smaller or replaced with emblem n maybe put tickford on the side front qtr panels under the emblem there. Make it smaller on the grill n bling it up. I reckon the old emblem would look pretty cool inplace of the tickford. I think there's plenty of accent's that tell you it's a tickford so why write in big letters on the grill. I'll get back to ya with more

RANGER:

A lowered option with bodycolored flares, brembo's and "cleaner" wheel option...

"Luxury Sports" or Ranger Pursuit?

MUSTANG:

Critical to define a point of difference in a competitive near on "saturated" market.

Don't just be "another" player, define your offer and POD and drive the difference as a key USP.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

RANGER

I wasn't at Bathurst, but there was what appeared to be a black prototype parked in front of me at Avalon event.

This enabled me to look over the exterior anyway. First thoughts was it looked better than I expected. I loved the treatment of the rear, side twin exhausts and the wheels looked good, although smaller (width and tyre wall height) than I would have liked. I was concerned about the large wheel arch flares looking tacky which also looked better in the flesh. I think if the tyre package was more meaty the overall appearance would have gelled better.

This particular vehicle didn't have the huge Tickford branding at the rear which, in my opinion looked much better. than what I have seen in pictures. I never really liked this large lettering treatment on the tailgate of the FG FPV range of Super Pursuit Utes either. The front, for me looked good and quite aggressive but it didn't have TICKFORD incorporated into the grill. I have to disclose that in my case I'm not across the line about the font used in the updated TiCKFORD branding , and the treatment of the small 'I'. It lacks substance for me but I'm sure I'll get over it. The all black version of the Tickford Ranger looked fantastic and I even liked the rear light black surrounds which I didn't expect to.

MUSTANG
    Well I have only seen photo's. The wheels and ride highlight looked good. I was unsure about the single wide stripe as on first impressions it seemed a bit plain. I couldn't see if they had done anything with the brakes but I would personally like to see a 4 piston arrangement on the rear, larger slotted rotors and special paint treatment with TickFord branding on the calipers. A different bonnet, potentially scooped, vented or gilled guards would just make it stand out. Ive noticed its becoming rare to see a bog standard looking Mustang on the road. Dealers are fitting stripes it seems as a minimum requirement.

In the engine department I'm unsure of what they have in mind, besides a tune, air intake and exhaust changes (assuming they are doing that). Despite there being a number of supercharger and drive train kits around for these cars already, it would be good to see them team up with Harrop for this purpose.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

We don't have 2 weeks now. I you have a question you had better be quick about it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (18th October 2016)

This guy was interesting to talk to and a perfect example of why Ford are taking a risk distancing themselves from racing.

Our own Ford Performance brand is underpinned by racing. While sales of Mustang are great right now, getting into the hearts of people while there isn't competition isn't a silly idea.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (18th October 2016)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (18th October 2016)

I have been interest6ed in the comments of what looks "factory" and what doesn't.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (18th October 2016)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (18th October 2016)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast