Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opportunity to ask questions of Tickford

History is a statement, the future is a question.

Will the Tickford packages will be supported by most Ford Dealers, and have their warranty covered by those dealers?
    Will any Tickford dealer fitted component void Ford's factory warranty?
    Will there be any Forced Induction kits available for Mustang?
    Will there be any speaker/sound system upgrades available for Mustang/Ranger?
    Will TickFord be offering any advanced driver training as part of their brand experience?
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (18th October 2016),FTe217 (19th October 2016),HSE2 (18th October 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Will the Tickford packages will be supported by most Ford Dealers, and have their warranty covered by those dealers?
    Will any Tickford dealer fitted component void Ford's factory warranty?
    Will there be any Forced Induction kits available for Mustang?
    Will there be any speaker/sound system upgrades available for Mustang/Ranger?
    Will TickFord be offering any advanced driver training as part of their brand experience?
    Ditto.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Brilliant questions colville

The idea behind the interview is to ask the questions the media don't think of or rate. We hope this puts us on the path to a post falcon future.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (18th October 2016),WASP (18th October 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    Brilliant questions colville

The idea behind the interview is to ask the questions the media don't think of or rate. We hope this puts us on the path to a post falcon future.
    You're welcome :-). Just a few more if that helps:

Is TickFord aligning themselves with other engineering partners such as Harrop?
    How closely linked will Tickford be to local motorsport activities?
    Is TickFord looking to become more involved in Motorsport outside of its immediate involvement with PRA/V8 Supercars?
    Will TickFord modified models be numbered?
    Will Tickford be looking to build limited edition models, or even limited run components/packages in the future?
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Will Tickford look at global Ford product options to fill niche performance opportunities in Australia?
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Colville has pretty much brought up most of the obvious questions that we need response.

The 2 Rangers at Bathurst caught my eye.
    One of the only negatives I would say is the flares being as supplied un painted black/or maybe they were a matt finish looks a bit cheapish - I expect colour coding would be available.
    Regards the tail gate HUGE tickford badges, I like the type of decal method but its OTT in size for me as well.
    The Ford badge is already huge - a mid size tickford decal would be sufficient.
    I'm not a fan of the side exhaust outlets - looks weird/wrong for me.
    I mentioned the interior highlights reminded me of BA GTP days, a good thing.

The Pony, stance was bang on I reckon.
    Love the carbon finishs but it is getting dated but thats ones choice.
    I find the extending fins or whatever they are called bottom front and lower skirts out there a little too much, meaning they stick out too far buts that me.
    I'm over stripes, its so over done. Sure on some colours it looks great but not every car.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Validated User
    First of all well done to PRA for bringing back the Tickford brand.

Apologies if any of these suggestions have already been covered.

Call me old-fashioned but I agree in regards to the badge - I much prefer the old one.

I prefer more of a subtle badge treatment to cars. Maybe the Tickford emblem instead of overly large Tickford letters on the rear. Instead of the pony on the front grille of the Mustang they fit a Tickford emblem. Also Tickford emblems on the front guards.

Will there be a build plate affixed to the car outlining all of the options fitted to the car. Could the build plates be some sort of tamper proof and somehow not able to be replicated?

For those who are patriotic, may be being able to incorporate into it somewhere something like, 'Tickford by Australia'. Even 'Tickford by PRA' just to give the name some sort of link to something that people are familiar with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast