Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheels Drive Next Gen Commoodore

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    230kW/370Nm all-wheel-drive 3.6-litre V6 to power top sports model (SS Commodore replacement), mated to nine-speed automatic transmission

I wouldn't actually call this a performance vehicle, a long was of a 304kW/570nM SS they have now, even if coupled to a 9 speed gearbox and being 200kgs lighter
    Welcome to the new normal - in the wake of Holden and Ford RWD cars, we are left with faux-performance cars based on bumdraggers.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/492978/t...den-commodore/
    Turbocharged V6 ruled out for 2018 Holden Commodore

Despite speculation and rumours, a turbocharged version of the 3.0-litre or 3.6-litre General Motors family engines has been ruled out by Holden, with packaging cited as the main reason.

With Holden madly working on the 2018 Holden Commodore, which is to be based on the Opel Insignia, Holden has said that while they would have liked an engine with forced induction, it simply wouldn’t fit.

Holden’s sporty Commodore will be exclusively powered by a naturally aspirated 3.6-litre six-cylinder engine mated to an all-wheel drive system with torque vectoring and a nine-speed automatic transmission.

Speaking at a pre-launch drive of the 2018 Commodore, Holden vehicle development manager Jeremy Tassone mentioned that they are happy with the product they are working on.

“We did a lot of packaging work and looked at it in detail. But, it just doesn’t work. The architecture won’t package and also electrically it wouldn’t be supported by the electrical architecture.”

“That’s a totally different layout. That’s a north-south configuration, we’re east-west, so yeah it’s a no go,” Tassone said.

Whoops....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

dash gt (26th October 2016),imike1 (5th November 2016)

YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Well that fecks it for them doesnt it!!!

LOL
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I'm really sorry for those who do get behind the so called Australian company but I can't stand them and will never come around.
    I'm seeing its finally all coming to them in a big way, those bogans who've had pleasure so many times kicking sand in our face all comes down to he who laughs last laughs the hardest ! Feck em alright !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

383gxl (26th October 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    I'm really sorry for those who do get behind the so called Australian company but I can't stand them and will never come around.
    I'm seeing its finally all coming to them in a big way, those bogans who've had pleasure so many times kicking sand in our face all comes down to he who laughs last laughs the hardest ! Feck em alright !
    Yeah... that 177kw Mondeo is going to blitz it..

Oh wait....

Its like 1996 all over again.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

imike1 (28th April 2017),Randel (27th October 2016)

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    Nope.

The Bogans want V8, Manual and RWD. This thing is none of those. That being said, at least they get a performance vehicle...

I did read somewhere that the Holden 'engineers' had been working on this for approximately 5 years, which strikes me as odd, as Holden only announced they were pulling out after Ford.
    Some of the development was probably for the VF replacement, which was likely to get those engine specs 230kw etc etc.

After having a VF V6 id probably buy one as a family car... Plenty of power and awesome fuel economy / tech. The only thing that turns me off is that stupid boot / rear quarter.
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT
    2017 SEADOO RXT300RS JETSKI

I'm so glad i got my Sprint and likewise there's going to be a bloody stampede into Holden dealerships after todays announcement over the next 12 months with people buying SS's and HSV's while they can....

Hey, whats a Mondeo - wouldn't even know its around for sales
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    I'm so glad i got my Sprint and likewise there's going to be a bloody stampede into Holden dealerships after todays announcement over the next 12 months with people buying SS's and HSV's while they can....
    you mean holden bogans can read?
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast