Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheels Drive Next Gen Commoodore

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    you mean holden bogans can read?
    LOL, trust me, we have as many "bogans" as they do.....

Theirs just seem to have more money.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Road_Warrior (26th October 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post

I've been to a few mixed car shows lately and I'm beginning to think ford bogans far outnumber the Holden ones... And that's worrying considering the numerical advantage Holden has.
    Recent car show it seemed a big chunk of the ford guys were near middle aged, over weight and not at all interested in mingling or seeing other cars. they sit down in a camp chair behind their cars and didn't move. Try and engage them in a conversation and it's just 'my cars a rare valuable classic' and everyone else's cars are shit....
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    I've been to a few mixed car shows lately and I'm beginning to think ford bogans far outnumber the Holden ones... And that's worrying considering the numerical advantage Holden has.
    Recent car show it seemed a big chunk of the ford guys were near middle aged, over weight and not at all interested in mingling or seeing other cars. they sit down in a camp chair behind their cars and didn't move. Try and engage them in a conversation and it's just 'my cars a rare valuable classic' and everyone else's cars are shit....
    Yes, i think we should be very very careful about throwing rocks.....

Ive seen more than my fair shair of knuckledraggers after going through the Sprint experience.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Driven by BOOST
    Well im in my 40's but not fat gutted or what id class as a "ford" bogan (hell theres 2 latest model Mazdas in our daily drive garage, the 3 falcons are the weekenders) BUT having said that i wouldnt waste my time looking at a commodore at a car show either.

The commodore vehicles just doesnt interest me one bit, so i have no desires to look over them.... and yes before anyone jumps on me, i have driven the latest VF's (cousin is a holden car salesman and owns a VF R8 and his dad owns a VF GTS which i have driven a few times)

I remember back in the early 2000's when i was in r&d for a now gone car manufacturer, how my then holden carsalesman uncle said if they could badge the magna (especially the awd models) as a holden theyd sell the hell out of it.... guess as of 2018 they will be getting that type of vehicle.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red F6310 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (26th October 2016),imike1 (5th November 2016)

Holden has justified its decision to retain the iconic Holden Commodore badge for its all-new, imported model. But is that the right decision?
    WHAT is in a name? For car companies, quite a lot.

Holden and Ford have each agonised over what to do with their most iconic nameplates, the Commodore and Falcon. Both names stir up strong emotions in car enthusiasts, and the decision to either continue or retire the badges are controversial either way.
    Ford’s decision to lay the Ford Falcon to rest has been well documented, however Holden is pushing forward, and keeping the Commodore name alive on a fully imported model. But was that the right move?
    Holden has provided some valuable insights into why it decided to retain the iconic Commodore name, rather than retire the badge to coincide with the death of the locally made model.
    Director of sales Peter Keley says there were strong discussions internally at Holden regarding what to do with the nameplate.
    “We had a big debate about the Commodore name,” he said.
    Keley explained the Commodore ‘DNA’ was distilled into four key areas: design, technology, space and dynamics.
    Holden is confident the all-new, imported model fulfils each of the categories and will live up to the Commodore’s core DNA. Holden also cited heavy consumer research that showed they’d be mad to ditch the Commodore name plate, despite the new car’s switch to front- and all-wheel drive, plus a significant reduction in size when compared to today’s car.

full story
    https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/16...commodore-name
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post

or more willing to go deeper into debt
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (27th October 2016),FTe217 (26th October 2016),imike1 (5th November 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    Holden has justified its decision to retain the iconic Holden Commodore badge for its all-new, imported model. But is that the right decision?
    WHAT is in a name? For car companies, quite a lot.

Holden and Ford have each agonised over what to do with their most iconic nameplates, the Commodore and Falcon. Both names stir up strong emotions in car enthusiasts, and the decision to either continue or retire the badges are controversial either way.
    Ford’s decision to lay the Ford Falcon to rest has been well documented, however Holden is pushing forward, and keeping the Commodore name alive on a fully imported model. But was that the right move?
    Holden has provided some valuable insights into why it decided to retain the iconic Commodore name, rather than retire the badge to coincide with the death of the locally made model.
    Director of sales Peter Keley says there were strong discussions internally at Holden regarding what to do with the nameplate.
    “We had a big debate about the Commodore name,” he said.
    Keley explained the Commodore ‘DNA’ was distilled into four key areas: design, technology, space and dynamics.
    Holden is confident the all-new, imported model fulfils each of the categories and will live up to the Commodore’s core DNA. Holden also cited heavy consumer research that showed they’d be mad to ditch the Commodore name plate, despite the new car’s switch to front- and all-wheel drive, plus a significant reduction in size when compared to today’s car.

full story
    https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/16...commodore-name
    Theyve fucked up.

What Holden have done is effectively the same as Ford renaming the Mondeo Falcon...

It wont work because a huge % of the 2500 people a month who buy Commodore dont want a mid sized under powered bum dragger.

Holden are going after Modeo/Camry/Mazda6/Huyundai type customers with the new Commodore, but it wont be a "commodore"....

I wonder if the market research tested reaction to FWD and 230kw max....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Road_Warrior (26th October 2016)

I believe the great unwashed will still buy Commodore, because it is a Holden, and as we all know, Holden is Aussie mate.

Most none car people dont care too much or would even know about north/south east/west. If it has the gadgets they want and a familiar name they will be happy. Dumb but happy.

Looking at that, (granted not the final look), I can't see people buying this just cause it's a Holden. This is so far removed from the norm. it's going to be a tough sell. Its not made here so I think that gets the locals offside straight away. Surely with all the success Holden have had over the years they'd be absolutely stupid to put this design on the road here. While to power plant n drive line might be OK, it's the look that people won't go for. So what do hsv do?
    I think most Holden people will think the worlds coming to an end

You guys are looking at this all wrong.

Best decision ever to call this a commodore. Each and everyone of us should be getting on social media and praising them, singing from the top of our lungs well done on carrying the name plate forward.

Telling them how excited we are and can't wait to see the finished product.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (27th October 2016)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast