Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford Performance Reveals All-New, Global, Mustang GT4 Turnkey Race Car at 2016 SEMA

Ford Performance Reveals All-New, Global, Mustang GT4 Turnkey Race Car at 2016 SEMA

NOV 1, 2016 | Ford Performance Press Release
    Ford Performance Reveals All-New, Global, Mustang GT4 Turnkey Race Car at 2016 SEMA Show

-All-new turnkey racecar developed to compete on global stage, in GT4 series throughout the world
    -The new racecar from Ford is based on the championship-winning Ford Shelby GT350R-C and is built to compete in IMSA (Continental Tire SportsCar
    Challenge – GS), Pirelli World Challenge (GTS/G4) and GT4 European Series, among others
    -Features host of race-proven elements from drivetrain to suspension

LAS VEGAS -- Ford Performance today revealed an all-new, track-ready turnkey Mustang racecar that’s ready to compete around the globe - the Ford Mustang GT4.

Unveiled at the 2016 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, the Mustang GT4 has been designed and engineered jointly by Ford Performance and Multimatic Motorsports to compete in sports car championship racing series globally, including the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge, Pirelli World Challenge GTS/GT4, and GT4 European Series. It’s inspired by the Ford Shelby GT350R-C that won the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge championship just last month.

“As the Mustang nameplate continually expands its presence in markets throughout the world, so does our relevant motorsport presence,” explained David Pericak, global director of Ford Performance. “The Mustang GT4 is equipped to compete and win on tracks around the globe, and we expect it to be as popular with racers as its production sibling is with consumers.”

The Mustang GT4 is equipped with the next generation, naturally aspirated 5.2L V8 racing engine specifically tuned for GT4 competition. The race engine was engineered, validated and built by Ford Performance in partnership with Roush Yates Engines.

A lightweight, compact six-speed Holinger paddle shift transmission delivers proven race durability with direct-pneumatic activation for fast, positive and consistent gear shifts. The GT4 powertrain also carries a dry sump oiling system, ZF-developed twin-plate racing clutch and flywheel.

Chassis features on the Mustang GT4 include:

-Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve (DSSV™) dampers from Multimatic for advanced predictability, accuracy, repeatability and ultimate vehicle control
    -Rear lower control arms (designed specifically for coil-over springs) and front/rear stabilizer bars from Multimatic
    -Lightweight 18” x 11” forged alloy wheels from Forgeline
    -Rotors and six-piston calipers from Brembo
    -Aerodynamic enhancements on the Mustang GT4 include a rear wing, the design of which was derived from lessons learned by the Ford GT racing program,
    front splitter, hood venting, diveplanes and rear diffuser

On the interior, the Mustang GT4 carries a full FIA-compliant roll cage and race-oriented dash logger from MoTeC.
    "I'm a pretty proud driver of the Ford Falcon." - Mark Winterbottom.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DoctorCleveland For This Useful Post:

4Vman (2nd November 2016),Red F6310 (3rd November 2016),WASP (2nd November 2016)

And right hand drive doesn't matter if its purpose built for racing...
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Surely this is the direction our Supercar series should be heading..... GT3/4 etc....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

WASP (2nd November 2016)

GT4 Camaro:

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

GT4 European Series.

It would be a great marketing exercise for Tickford if PRA bought one of these for the 12 Hour and put Frosty and Chaz behind the wheel, maybe even become the Australian distributor for Mustang GT4 cars.
    "I'm a pretty proud driver of the Ford Falcon." - Mark Winterbottom.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DoctorCleveland For This Useful Post:

Randel (2nd November 2016)

"As the Mustang nameplate continually expands its presence in markets throughout the world, so does our relevant motorsport presence,” explained David Pericak

I thought Ford were trying to distance themselves from Motorsport? Or is that only Ford Australia?

Agree with Doc - would be great to see PRA run one in the 12 hour

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    "As the Mustang nameplate continually expands its presence in markets throughout the world, so does our relevant motorsport presence,” explained David Pericak

I thought Ford were trying to distance themselves from Motorsport? Or is that only Ford Australia?

Agree with Doc - would be great to see PRA run one in the 12 hour
    Ford AU not Ford global.

Ford performance were at SEMA today doing drifting demos in GT350's

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Ford whatever has been doing drifting/demos at SEMA for as long as I can remember FYI - I have been attending Aapex/SEMA for some 20yrs.
    The Mustangs have always been in every variant putting on the drift show.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Ford whatever has been doing drifting/demos at SEMA for as long as I can remember FYI - I have been attending Aapex/SEMA for some 20yrs.
    The Mustangs have always been in every variant putting on the drift show.
    Very envious Maurie.... that would be awesome - one of my bucket list things to get to SEMA

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (4th November 2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast