Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats new ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Went to see Jack Gatto (Elvis impersonator) at Corowa on Saturday night, bloody good voice, if you shut your eyes you would swear it was the King himself, and Jack is only 25 and no voice training

This is from my phone, he is singing to his grandfather
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/tc65ybhyii...24445.mp4?dl=0
    Sounded great ! and to think I just returned from Vegas lol.....
    My wife and I love getting out to hear some live music, especially if its my good ol days.
    We have gone now 3 times seeing a cover band who celebrate Pink Floyd, their singing/singers reminds you exactely back in the day and the music sounds near on just as good ! love it.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Trevor (8th November 2016)

Just home from 4 days in Lorne and going up and down the Great Ocean Rd. I love the area, would move there tomorrow if I could. Our last holiday before we become parents s we rented a B&B and did nothing for the weekend, just what we needed.

Found a new chocolate factory on GOR just past Torquay that does just about anything chocolate, and found my new favorite Bourbon - Hudson Bay small batch made in Chicago. $20 a go so I shudder to think what a bottle is worth but bugger it I'll be getting some when I can find it!
    1997 EL GT #037 - Burgundy, Manual
    2015 VW Amarok 4MOTION Manual

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b2tf For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (7th November 2016),Trevor (8th November 2016)

nah, its crap in winter forget for me.
    Love visiting the area and gtfo.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by b2tf View Post
    Just home from 4 days in Lorne and going up and down the Great Ocean Rd. I love the area, would move there tomorrow if I could. Our last holiday before we become parents s we rented a B&B and did nothing for the weekend, just what we needed.

Found a new chocolate factory on GOR just past Torquay that does just about anything chocolate, and found my new favorite Bourbon - Hudson Bay small batch made in Chicago. $20 a go so I shudder to think what a bottle is worth but bugger it I'll be getting some when I can find it!
    I know what you mean about the GOR, my wife and I have been holidaying there ever since we meet 22 yrs ago, Lorne was a fav of ours as well but it has become to over populated now in the busy seasons with Melbournites/yuppies so we go that little bit further to Apollo Bay now.

Lorne is still good between Tue’s and Thur’s, from Fri till Mon it gets busy with people coming for their coffees.

Validated User
    I greww up on Phillip Island, anywhere along the Victorian coast has nice weather during summer, lots of wind in November, bloody terrible weather in winter, not too cold, but just miserable. Where I am now, summers consist of over 40 and winters below zero overnight. I still prefer the coastal weather.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trevor For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (8th November 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I greww up on Phillip Island, anywhere along the Victorian coast has nice weather during summer, lots of wind in November, bloody terrible weather in winter, not too cold, but just miserable. Where I am now, summers consist of over 40 and winters below zero overnight. I still prefer the coastal weather.
    Good thing about the coast in the cooler months is there’s no frosts which if your a bit of a gardner/plant person (that I am) , it’s a good thing.

You described my feelings very well Trevor regards to the Vic coast.
    I was a avid surfer back in the day (still doing it during the summers only now) and traveled the whole east coast, I just can't stand the cold water temps and winds so that cancels south out for me.
    My pick is where you grew up mind you during summer. Then can go to the track !
    Nth/mid coast NSW is my love followed then by north of Noosa.

Gal, the yuppies and sea changers took over long ago.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Then can go to the track
    I spent a lot of time at 'the track' when I was a young bloke, I may or may not have got into a bit of mischief there - LOL, back then the track was owned by Len Lukey (Lukey Mufflers), the double story house at the front was his holiday house, we spent a fair bit of time there, my old man was the local copper and EVERYONE was his friend - LOL

LOL, what a position to be in Trevor, win win !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

I grew up in south Otago in nz, I don't miss the winters back home at all. Frosts that don't thaw during the day so next nights frosts adds to the days before and on and on and on... Or just generally crap cold windy rainy days that stretch into weeks.
    Then summer comes and it's all good. But it's over as quick as a lunch break and your back into winter again.

School holidays were spent in central Otago, where its scorching hot in summer and freaking cold in winter.

And getting sunburnt on cloudy days, don't miss that at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast