Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Mobile Phone thread.

The entry X might just be worth $300 the 8.

That said 7 drops 100 and you know this time next year the X becomes a 1200 phone.

I agree that the entry x is worth $300 more than the 8, I just think they're both $500 ish too high.
    Who would have thought ten-15 years ago the buying public would have readily accepted $1200-1500 for a new phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Completely agree. For me its the fact its 1500 for 2-3 years.

When I have moaned about the price of apple stuff its no so much what they charge, just I am only getting about 30 months use.

I can sort of justify 300-400 a year write off. Cant at 700.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Randel (15th September 2017)

We get ripped for most things - the apple scenario is one of a company managing its market pricing very well I take my hat off to them - as we know most companies would vary their discount to Distributers depending on their purchase volumes but they have not given in to this.
    So, its either dive in or not the way I see it.
    $1500 over 2yrs is $62a/m + running costs.
    After 2yrs to date I haven't had any running issues with my iphones and I've had them since the beginning or since Nokia went MIA, infact my kids get the hand me down when I upgrade, still running.
    The only problem I have with those hand me downs being kids not caring is broken screens etc whereas over 2yrs of my use I've never had a broken screen even though I've dropped them countless times.
    I agree you can pay off other more important things in life imo but mobiles to many is important right - added by the amount of use and how used I suppose and many people like car brands have to have it right ? the brand.
    Love to just spend up to $500 for a mobile but as said we get ripped off.
    Even though apple pricing is still high in the USA its their plans that are farfar more affordable than ours incl when OS making calls etc - thats the added costs to our mobile purchase's, telcos just like the banks making bucks.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

I honestly can't remember the last time I was on a plan as part of a phone purchase. My first phone would have been and my 8850 I think it was was definitely.

I don't see phones much different to anything else. You have a budget, shop to that budget and what suits best.

I don't think Apple would be thinking of people updating from 7 to 8.

From 6 or under, from a company perspective I think that's reasonable. And with 7 just taking a 100 dollar cut that's not a bad option either.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Got to say its one of the rare items I have through business on contract or paying off.
    We have on 15mobiles so need to deal this way.
    Mate, I notice countless people can't help themselves getting the latest and greatest as soon as a new model is released and hock off or whatever they do with the one they had just a year or so old.
    Apple are loving these fanatics - my wife's brother is one of them, he's a apple junkie for every product from mobile/Mac/ipad/ipad mini/watch and some other stuff.
    When I'm in the US and the times a new release is out the ques outside the store in mind boggling !
    These banana's sleep overnight to be the first lol.......
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Saw on the news one dude is camping out four days ahead of the release date haha. I can think of better ways to spend my time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (14th September 2017),Randel (15th September 2017)

I've seen in town here, one night the wife and I needed to attend a function in one of the high towers, after parking and walking around to the front entrance wondered why all these people had camp chairs,sleeping bags etc - because a new model was being released - agree what a way to spend your time.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    Saw on the news one dude is camping out four days ahead of the release date haha. I can think of better ways to spend my time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    if this is all you have in life, its very sad
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

prydey (15th September 2017),Randel (15th September 2017),VZTRT (16th September 2017)

I could understand someone camping out to get something unique that was only being made in limited numbers, but to camp out for a mobile device just to be among the first to get one is extremely sad, especially when that device will be readily available everywhere in the days following.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prydey For This Useful Post:

defective (15th September 2017),Randel (15th September 2017),TS50 (15th September 2017)

Made even worse by the release being put back ten days lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast