Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Mobile Phone thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Mobile Phone thread.

Been a bit quiet on the phone front, has technology plateaued?

Will Samsung bounce back from their issues?

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

http://www.news.com.au/technology/ga...9d989d6927aa4d

REVIEW:
    Between Samsung’s exploding battery drama and Apple’s latest release being plagued by delays, the smartphone market was open for a new king.
    Enter Sony’s Xperia XZ.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Well samsung has blown its foot off, it will recover some but not the heights they once had I expect.
    Sony, what a huge market share they once had back in the day. Quality plus and you paid for it.
    Still think their tv's are tops. Unless things have changed.
    They just didn't step up in time quick enough and for now their mobile won't make much impact unless they do a deal with a telco to give them away as per voda days or similar.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

I'm having I look at huawei mobiles, the GR5 interest me, they have good design, metal casing, expandable memory, good camera 13megapix, good operating software n for around $330 @ allphones, it's good value, it can compete against other top brands. I currently use a Sony xperia but its starting to show it's age n it's not 4g compatible

Il stick with my iPhone, it still works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (12th November 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Been a bit quiet on the phone front, has technology plateaued?

Of course they will. The bulk of the market are millennials who have the attention span of drunk goldfish.

Samsung will bring out a new model with some ultra narcissistic capability and all will be forgotten #YOLO #Lookatme #hashtag #selfie
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to flappist For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (12th November 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    well, devices catching fire didn't hurt apple too much so i doubt samsung will be any different.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to prydey For This Useful Post:

TS50 (14th November 2016)

Need some feedback guys if anyone knows.
    Obviously most mobiles have Maps, my iphone does and works great when doing interstate car hire travels etcetc......
    I'm going OS for 5 1/2wks from next week and apart from setting up Data Packs for my account my concerns are I'm having to drive around Europe quite a bit.
    Car hire they have a daily charge for Sat Nav that I could buy one cheaper here and take it with me.
    MY Q is taking my own Nav (well I need to buy one this week) with me does it program up just as your mobile that your in X country and your no worries typing in your destinations ?
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Need some feedback guys if anyone knows.
    Obviously most mobiles have Maps, my iphone does and works great when doing interstate car hire travels etcetc......
    I'm going OS for 5 1/2wks from next week and apart from setting up Data Packs for my account my concerns are I'm having to drive around Europe quite a bit.
    Car hire they have a daily charge for Sat Nav that I could buy one cheaper here and take it with me.
    MY Q is taking my own Nav (well I need to buy one this week) with me does it program up just as your mobile that your in X country and your no worries typing in your destinations ?
    nope
    A sat nav you buy here only has Australian Maps
    you would have to buy a European map package, do it thru their web site, about $89 for Western Europe and same for Eastern Europe
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

or just use google maps on your phone....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast