Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mobile Phone thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    or just use google maps on your phone....
    maps on your phone when driving a lot tend to drain the battery pretty quick
    a Sat nav for a couple of hundred bucks is the way to go
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    maps on your phone when driving a lot tend to drain the battery pretty quick
    a Sat nav for a couple of hundred bucks is the way to go
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    whatever
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (21st December 2016)

ok ok settle fellas.
    Thanks, yer thats for sure re using mobiles for maps, the battery drains quick but I always have it plugged in charging but they get HOT also ....
    Norm, having used google maps or whatever last year in the US as mentioned the data used costs us big time I tell you.
    Driving just from San Fran to LA I used maps - only 4days or so - overall my mobile bill jumped to $900 odd bucks !
    This trip I'm driving for near on 3wks - just looking to manage the costs better.
    Slow, so buying a Nav here is useless ? I can't get maps loaded from here onto it or I can ?
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    ok ok settle fellas.
    Thanks, yer thats for sure re using mobiles for maps, the battery drains quick but I always have it plugged in charging but they get HOT also ....
    Norm, having used google maps or whatever last year in the US as mentioned the data used costs us big time I tell you.
    Driving just from San Fran to LA I used maps - only 4days or so - overall my mobile bill jumped to $900 odd bucks !
    This trip I'm driving for near on 3wks - just looking to manage the costs better.
    Slow, so buying a Nav here is useless ? I can't get maps loaded from here onto it or I can ?
    no you can buy a sat nav here and then upload the European maps via your comp from their web site
    pretty easy.
    That way you have it before you get there, no messing around

yep cool, just done the research, JB selling Tom Toms with Lifetime World Map down loads, way to go thanks at $192.
    Bloody Telstra is useless but not at making $$$$ - oh we can offer you a sim card for your sat nav, I'll already action OS Travel Pass at $300 for only 2.2gb !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Need some feedback guys if anyone knows.
    Obviously most mobiles have Maps, my iphone does and works great when doing interstate car hire travels etcetc......
    I'm going OS for 5 1/2wks from next week and apart from setting up Data Packs for my account my concerns are I'm having to drive around Europe quite a bit.
    Car hire they have a daily charge for Sat Nav that I could buy one cheaper here and take it with me.
    MY Q is taking my own Nav (well I need to buy one this week) with me does it program up just as your mobile that your in X country and your no worries typing in your destinations ?
    You can buy a TomTom or Garmin over there for $buggerall when you land and then flog it on ebay or to a Pawn shop when you leave...
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

Tony, yer sure could but here's the thing having checked more.
    Language barriers when purchasing but sure can download in english.
    Need to download maps into the Tom Tom, thats far better doing it here than paying higher data whilst OS.
    Play around with it to get to know it for a day or 2 instead of doing it on the fly just landing and getting into the Van.
    This is my families European Griswalds vacation - 1 wife 3 whinging kids + girl friend.
    I'm getting prepared sooner rather than on the fly and hearing - this is useless, haven't you got this organised ! Are we there yet ! moan whinge moan god help me !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Wow, your wife must be very understanding letting you take the girlfriend as well

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prydey For This Useful Post:

4Vman (21st December 2016),defective (21st December 2016)

Very very understanding
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast