Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 002 joins the fold

Yeah Andrew we've actually "known" about this car for a couple of years now since it came out of the woodwork. Of course one particular person (not naming any names MARTIN) knew all about it for years but never let the cat out. Anyhow it presented at the Sydney AFD in 2010 (I think it was) and the owner has since bought a 335 GT-P so the TL got parked up basically.

Tim, you're very welcome to drop in any time for a view - hell I'll even take you for a drive up my private backyard hillclimb in it! LOL. Your summation otherwise is spot on - I have made a couple of attempts at it but failed both times so hopefully it might be third time lucky. But that is down the track a ways for sure!

Chazza - funny that you're actually the first to put dibs on it - I was expecting a couple of other hands to go up! But I worry about your intentions??? I know all about your PARTS BIN! LOL.

Thanks Martin ... and especially for your tip-off re the possible sale way back when.
    Australian Muscle Car ... "It is a sensational high performance vehicle; a beautifully engineered and immensely capable four door Grand Tourer or 'GT' in the truest sense of that tradition."

No prize for guessing what car they were referring to ... OWN THE ROAD ...

Congrats Jeff ! he must have squirmed at the price you offered I imagine considering his pie in the sky figures upon his earlier requests.
    Glad she's in good hands well done, anything away from Chazz keeps the recycling down LOL.......

Welcome good to see you here Martin - like the new name.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Heheheh ... yeah Maurice he had a bit of a fall and quite a hard landing LOL. Lucky in the end we came to a reasonable compromise.
    Australian Muscle Car ... "It is a sensational high performance vehicle; a beautifully engineered and immensely capable four door Grand Tourer or 'GT' in the truest sense of that tradition."

You must pinch yourself every time you check out the beast and say " thats mine yahoo" Respect
    By the way the parts bins light on at the moment he he

Well done Geoff, I'd sort of missed all this with other stuff going on. Fantastic to see it's landed in good hands. I'm sure it will be a bit of work to bring it back to showroom condition, but even as it is it's a rare and wonderful car.

Im just a bit jealous

Thanks Tonie, yep she's a rarity and definitely worth all the work that she needs.

I have to add ... my biggest worry when negotiating on it was that YOU would get wind of it and get in before me! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterAU View Post
    Heheheh ... yeah Maurice he had a bit of a fall and quite a hard landing LOL. Lucky in the end we came to a reasonable compromise.
    Classic - for knowing you an arm and a leg surely wouldn't have been agreed upon so I reckon a "song" is in the big picture here LOL.......
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

No arms or legs were lost in the deal I can assure you. However my right nut is lonely - oh well, they weren't doing a lot anyhow, and I figure while I still have one I'm still up to the job if required. LOL.

No need to worry about me at the moment, I'm in preservation mode.

Don't worry about your left one, it should grow back ok.

Medical opinions stated are based in no facts whatsoever.

oh, horible mental images

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast