Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 002 joins the fold

Just Arrived
    Congrats Jeff. Must have been the steer of 147 in the Barossa that did it for you. Good thing I insisted Therese go with you or she wouldn't have known why you wanted one? Obviously got the thumbs up from the boss. Your a lucky man!

Yeah Shayne, that's what did it LOL. Tell you what - got my eyes opened wide when he took me for a drive in it the first time - manually shifting at 6500 RPM and still pulling like a train.

I said "Oh, I see you've had the rev limiter lifted then". Michael replied " No rev limiter ... it just goes all the way to 7000 if you want and no sign of stopping". Somehow I don't think I'll be trying it. LOL. In normal WOT upshifts it changes at 5250-5500 which is plenty enough for this Grandpa.

I'm not very impressed by the stall convertor though - in ESS mode it won't lock up - and in normal driving it wants to sit on 2000 to 3000 revs all the time even on lightish throttle. Bloody 'ell it can light up the back tyres though with not much provocation.
    Australian Muscle Car ... "It is a sensational high performance vehicle; a beautifully engineered and immensely capable four door Grand Tourer or 'GT' in the truest sense of that tradition."

No prize for guessing what car they were referring to ... OWN THE ROAD ...

"Bloody 'ell it can light up the back tyres though with not much provocation"............MisterAU.......Welcome to my world.......hehehehehehe.

This is why we love to drive them....Happy to drive it for you Jeff in manual mode instead of the grandpa mode....lol

Pics of the beast Jeff.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

See post number 1.......LOL

yer they are average - gives us a side on, interior,unda bonnet,boot etc.....
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Well it's only an average car! LOL.

side-on ... imagine an AU Fairlane with TS mags.

interior ... pretty much TS but yes, some differences ... I'm going to try for some pics and details over this weekend, weather permitting.

under bonnet ... just like any T3 ... you have to look closely so see the Herrod (dephillipo) extractors ... oh yes, there is the battery isolator/solenoid for the second battery in the boot.

boot ... imagine a boot from any T with a second battery box and DVD platyer and VCR player and sat nav unit.

Nah seriously I will get a good range of pics up soon Maurice.
    Australian Muscle Car ... "It is a sensational high performance vehicle; a beautifully engineered and immensely capable four door Grand Tourer or 'GT' in the truest sense of that tradition."

Do the Herrod modifications make the T3 engine feel different? Is there anything you can detect
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Post #23 Ian.

The only difference in feel or power delivery is that the accelleration just doesn't slow up at 5500 like stock T3 engine.

Off the mark it is every bit as quick if not quicker than any other T3 auto because it stalls up to 2500. I actually think it would give a manual a good run for it's money - I hope to line them up side by side LOL.

Ah sorry I missed that.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast