Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 - F1 (may contain spoliers)

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    Yep, 2 weeks until it all kicks off. Merc will no doubt be the leader but Ferrari and red bull should be right up there and Williams showing some promise in the latest test.
    I thought the tip was that Red Bull may very well be the leader this year, not MB
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Do you actually believe the press - MB will be the mark wait and see.
    Its looking promising from RB Ferrari being quicker but MB will be just as T8 in our game, at the front once the cars are on the track come Melb.
    With all the changes they will have the speed still but the others may be able to capitilise at these early stages.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    I thought the tip was that Red Bull may very well be the leader this year, not MB
    red bull's strength will be aero, but they still have the massive achilles heel in the Renault engine. reports suggest they have unlocked more power but it is still behind ferrari and merc engines.

having said that, red bull proved during the vettel years that they don't need the most power if they have the aero. they just get out front far enough to be out of range and then dominate. Newey is the man when it comes to aero, but even he doesn't get it right straight of the bat.

personally i don't think they'll be too far away, but i wouldn't go as far to say they'll be ahead of merc.

Watching P2... The new cars are just stunning. Love the Red Bull and as always Williams - they are just stunning. The Martini Stripes (cue the drool emoticon)...

Not too sure about the Force India Cars in Jane McGrath Pink however.

Joe Palmer just had a massive off. Sometimes I wonder about Pay Drivers and what they are doing on track.
    Deutschland, Deutschland ber alles
    Volkswagen Number 3 - Passat Alltrack 130TDi

So, Merc still clearly the benchmark (in hamilton's hands at least), but Ferrari look good. tomorrow will tell more of the story.

Tyres could again be a talking point with even the ultra soft being reasonably durable. Race forecast to be a one stopper.

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    So, Merc still clearly the benchmark (in hamilton's hands at least), but Ferrari look good. tomorrow will tell more of the story.

Tyres could again be a talking point with even the ultra soft being reasonably durable. Race forecast to be a one stopper.
    Bit early to call that Rob, 2 practice sessions, where some teams have not yet shown their hands
    I will reserve my judgement on where cars are until after at least the first race
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

and even the 2nd race BUT I knew MB and that P were more so playing ghosts and mirrors pre season testing.
    They will still be the benchmark till I see the reverse hopefully this season.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Just loving the Fat rear view of these F1 cars now - so much better a great change.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (25th March 2017)

P3 lap record just broken
    Early days - promising.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast