Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kia announce Stinger: RWD large Performance sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    No.

Kia are making a very clear statement here, "we understand the difference between daily transport and performance motoring".

A while back they employed the Head of BMW M Sport to develop these products.

brembos, Michelin PS4 tyres, adoptive shocks, purpose designed RWD platform, twin turbo V6, AWD option.

Kia are taking this serious.

This will be the first of many.
    Be interesting to see how the pricing is. Is the market ready to pay for a Kia with all those specs? If they can do all that and keep it in the fifties il be impressed. I know Kia's generally have a very low margin at the dealers so I wonder if a car like this is something they look at as being the car they can ask a premium for?

The feedback I've seen on social media has been by and large very positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Hyundai will bring their V8 Genesis Performace sedan here too.

Hmmm.... So for 2017 we will have an SRT 300, AWD Commodore, RWD Kia, V8 Hyundai Sedan, AWD Suburu, New Alfa V8 Sedan, All the Euros, who's missing?
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Hmmm.... So for 2017 we will have an SRT 300, AWD Commodore, RWD Kia, V8 Hyundai Sedan, AWD Suburu, New Alfa V8 Sedan, All the Euros, who's missing?
    We can always replace the oval Kia badge with a ford oval badge.

Looking at the wheel picture, the tyres are continental not michelin. Maybe the Michelin are reserved for the V6 twin turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    Looking at the wheel picture, the tyres are continental not michelin. Maybe the Michelin are reserved for the V6 twin turbo.
    Probably either tyre. AMG and M do the same
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    I like it. Kia have come a long way in the past 4-5 years. I am very interested in how this pans out.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

News to me. I though the Hyundai V8 was Left Hand Drive only due to the Inlet Manifold arrangement.

I wonder if the Stinger would ever get the V8? I reckon this will end up in the hands of a few cops as well looking at pricing and performance. Gotta be better than a NA Opel Insignia/Commodore.
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

Road and track interview with Bob Lutz about the Kia stinger. Click on the link and Scroll down to the bottom.

13 mins long, but well worth the time to here an industry legend critique the car, Hyundai/Kia, and Automotive design in general.

Utterly fascinating.

1483994537-screen-shot-2017-01-09-at-34222-pm.jpg

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-show...e-kia-stinger/
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

4Vman (10th January 2017),Falco (10th January 2017)

Not meaning to be rude here, but some people in here are saying they are excited by this
    V6 Twin Turbo, but the same people in another thread are saying they cant get excited about Fords V6 Turbo

Sorry I am confused?
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    Not meaning to be rude here, but some people in here are saying they are excited by this
    V6 Twin Turbo, but the same people in another thread are saying they cant get excited about Fords V6 Turbo

Sorry I am confused?
    Well i hope you're not talking about me because i was a strong supporter of the V6TT Fusion Sport coming here.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast