Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Oh Dear :( Mustang 2-Star crash rating

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    Whether you agree or disagree with the new ANCAP rating of taking the lowest score, this same ANCAP rating is for all car makers.
    Except it changed with time, and so we have the odd position of the Mustang having better ratings than the FG (keeping it all Ford for clarity) but the FG is 5 Star and Mustang 2 Star because they were tested at different times.

Similarly Focus Titanium would be 5 star, but Focus Trend 2 Star because of the tech. I understand the tech has a benefit, but is it really 60% or 3/5 stars of the cars safety values.??
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

prydey (8th February 2017),Randel (10th February 2017)

What should of happened was to simply change the standard name from ANCAP to ANCAP 11, this way the public are not misinformed by the media. furthermore, have a conversion table to compare both ANCAP systems. plus, include a list of all car makes crash tested with each score.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Futura For This Useful Post:

4Vman (8th February 2017)

https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/feature...its-also-vital

What started out as an article trying to defend ANCAP has backfired badly on social media.

"2 star" has actually had a greater impact on highlighing the inconsistencies and growing irrelevance of the ANCAP system then making Mustang look bad.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

defective (4th September 2017),Elks (3rd September 2017),jpd80 (4th September 2017),Perko (3rd September 2017),Randel (3rd September 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/feature...its-also-vital

What started out as an article trying to defend ANCAP has backfired badly on social media.

"2 star" has actually had a greater impact on highlighing the inconsistencies and growing irrelevance of the ANCAP system then making Mustang look bad.
    Some of the comments are so bloody frustrating haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789