Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mustang ruled out for Police duties again due to ANCAP.

Mustang ruled out for Police duties again due to ANCAP.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...aign=editorial

Updated ANCAP rules rule Mustang out for police duties as Fordís hero scores just two stars in shock result.

The likelihood of the Ford Mustang ever becoming a front line police vehicle has taken a massive blow, with the two-door coupe now ineligible for selection under government procurement rules.

The Mustang is the first vehicle to be tested under new regulations that tie in more closely with European New Car Assessment Program (Euro NCAP) standards, and its two-star score has sent shockwaves across the industry.

Internal government documents at both state and federal level show that any vehicle procured for use by a government agency must be rated at the maximum of five stars by the Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP).

However, there are examples of vehicles in use that don't adhere to published standards for NSW government vehicles. As an example of the complexity of procuring vehicles, a police command in the Sydney suburb of Campsie recently took delivery of a donated LDV G10 people mover for community service duties. While the G10 is yet to be tested, its commercial equivalent, the V80, only scored two stars.

Tested in Europe against Euro NCAPís four-scenario system, the Mustang recorded record low scores for rear passenger safety. Its front airbags also failed to deploy properly, and a door popped open during a side impact test.

The current car also lacks the so-called safety assist features required by ANCAP to achieve a good score, like auto emergency braking, lane departure control and a speed limiter. It scored just two points from a maximum of 12.

It fared better in front passenger and pedestrian protection, scoring four and fives stars respectively in those categories. However, the final score is taken from the lowest figure recorded in the test.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I heard it was becasue it didn't have a donut rack..
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

Perko (30th January 2017)

Not a good look for the Mustang.

be the star rating be fair or not, this has the ability to knock mustang out of our market
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

Perko (30th January 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    be the star rating be fair or not, this has the ability to knock mustang out of our market
    Which is serious in itself.

I'll bet the next phase is TV, wait for ACA etc to run with it like they did Driftgate....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

13726548 (30th January 2017)

FoMoCo need to get onto this. i know they have issued a statement but only true enthusiasts will read that.

They need a trump style bold brash defence. This is a problem caused by ANCAP's bad science. By changing the measure and not reapplying it to older testing or even issuing a clarifying statement or grace period. It's The the weather bureau sayings ts 42 degrees, damn that's hot you say, no sorry it cold we have changed to Fahrenheit so now its cold.

And of course the flogs like Cadogan are all over it. Because he hates the world.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

kypez (5th February 2017),Randel (30th January 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    FoMoCo need to get onto this. i know they have issued a statement but only true enthusiasts will read that.

They need a trump style bold brash defence. This is a problem caused by ANCAP's bad science. By changing the measure and not reapplying it to older testing or even issuing a clarifying statement or grace period. It's The the weather bureau sayings ts 42 degrees, damn that's hot you say, no sorry it cold we have changed to Fahrenheit so now its cold.

And of course the flogs like Cadogan are all over it. Because he hates the world.
    Or...

Get on the front foot, Get MY18 tested and certified 4 or 5 star thanks to the improved technology and get the things into showrooms by Jan 2018 not Q3 2018.....

MY17 deliveries to Aus finishes in Oct 2017, Q3 2018 is a long long gap....

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Futura (30th January 2017),kypez (5th February 2017),Perko (30th January 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Or...

Get on the front foot, Get MY18 tested and certified 4 or 5 star thanks to the improved technology and get the things into showrooms by Jan 2018 not Q3 2018.....

MY17 deliveries to Aus finishes in Oct 2017, Q3 2018 is a long long gap....
    My thoughts exactly.

I'm wondering if the airbag inflation issue can be addressed with a recall - a firmware change or something?
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

ďThe driverís door opened in the pole test..."
    After watching the pole test vid on YouTube, I'm not surprised, it was smack bang where the driver's head is, I think if you were involved in that sort of collision the least of your problems is going to be a door that opens after impact, didn't appear to open more than a few mm anyway..?
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast