Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mustang ruled out for Police duties again due to ANCAP.

Oh, and one other thing, for comparison: the Mazda MX5. A sports car with 5 star ANCAP. No back seats (so no back seat passengers to get injured) and whilst it has a host of driver safety aids, they still rated head injury to the driver as being at the level of "acceptable" even though this happened in the test:

The driver’s head contacted the A-pillar during the crash and then contacted the steering wheel through the airbag.
    Acceptable my arse!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    Oh, and one other thing, for comparison: the Mazda MX5. A sports car with 5 star ANCAP. No back seats (so no back seat passengers to get injured) and whilst it has a host of driver safety aids, they still rated head injury to the driver as being at the level of "acceptable" even though this happened in the test:

Acceptable my arse!!!
    Goal posts shifted, if they delete rear seat would probably get 4 star.

The irony in this is i don't think the GT350 has a rear seat..
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

My god that John Cadogan is a real jerk off
    He is god
    And while he is quite happy to abuse people and call them names, but no one is allowed to say a word against him
    arsewipe
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (30th January 2017),383gxl (30th January 2017),Randel (31st January 2017)

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Norm has hit the nail on the head. Given its track record in the past, the chances of the majority of the Australian media reporting the full story is zero. It is too hard and the average person doesn't really care. They will make their mind up based on the headline and the first paragraph. The pony has bolted and Ford need to get a handle on this and now. Get the new car tested, start the media blitz, get it in early and hope to hell that dealers won't be left with old stock. I am watching this particular challenge roll out. My wife is still keen to get a Mustang in 2019.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

13726548 (30th January 2017),Futura (30th January 2017)

Since Falcon is gone the media have been a little light on with negative content about Ford products. Most of it has been positive which while good to us, doesn't probably sell media space and eyeballs. At least Mustang's safety results have given their jobs a new lease on life...lol No seriously, this is a terrible outcome where safety is concerned. While I don't like the method as to how the test was played out or how Mustang has made an example of, the justification seems to be because its an 'every persons' sport car i.e. its made to be within reach of the average person so there is an inherent responsibility which comes with this.

Unfortunately in this world everything that is done with the best intent for the 'masses' seems to gets scrutinized and judged more harshly as a result. This is a lesson that is not new to Ford, both here and overseas. That new My18 Mustang cant come fast enough. Lets hope it can redeem itself because in the end I suspect that most people really do want to love Mustang and will give it another chance.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

13726548 (30th January 2017),Perko (30th January 2017),Randel (30th January 2017)

Or re-tool regroup and start inventing the FK Falcon...

><

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 13726548 For This Useful Post:

Perko (30th January 2017)

The reason the coppers will drop it is purely public vegetable OHS wankerism. They will not buy the car because someone will have to make a decision and public vegetables will do anything to avoid that.
    I do not see this as a bad thing at all. The plethora of ex police SS/XR8/XR6T basically rooted the resale value of those cars. I prefer s/h Mustangs to be rare and expensive.

As far as retail sales. Yes they may lose a couple to people who really have no idea what the whole thing was about but in the big picture that will just reduce the wait from 6 months to 5 months and 3 weeks.
    All of the car media are seen by almost everyone as "reality TV" as made obvious by Top Gear being the most popular car media in the world.

Seriously, would you cancel your order for a car because Clarkson said it was no good?
    Or buy one especially because James May like it?

The Australian "car experts" are like "neighbours" or "home and away". Every week there is a crisis but everyone knows that it really is just made up rubbish.....
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flappist For This Useful Post:

13726548 (30th January 2017),jpd80 (30th January 2017),Perko (30th January 2017),Road_Warrior (30th January 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Goal posts shifted, if they delete rear seat would probably get 4 star.

The irony in this is i don't think the GT350 has a rear seat..
    I think it would still be two star, Isnt it the lowest result of the four tests that determine its score?
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Sadly jokes aside i can confirm this has had a significant impact at dealer level over the weekend from people either cancelling orders or shifting their order to a MY18.

It has had an impact, i personally know of 7 incidents, one of which 'ive personally got involved with and spent a fair amount of time yesterday and today trying to resolve..
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Sadly jokes aside i can confirm this has had a significant impact at dealer level over the weekend from people either cancelling orders or shifting their order to a MY18.

It has had an impact, i personally know of 7 incidents.
    Might be a good time to buy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

4Vman (30th January 2017)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast