Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mustang ruled out for Police duties again due to ANCAP.

Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    Might be a good time to buy...
    Yep that's true.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

The Coppers will be front of the queue for Kia Stingers anyway. Might have to hold off on buying one of them next year.

Don't forget that the ANCAP/Euro NCAP changed criteria last year. What was once a 5 star car is now way lower than that. My Jetta was a 5 Star car when new. It would be a 2 star car now.

If Mustang scored 2 stars and was a 4 door sedan, it would not stop me from looking at one. At the end of the day, I have no dependents and the passenger seat in my car rarely gets used. It is a nominal score for people to compare apples to apples.
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

Simply solution, remove rear seat or better do not have any rear seat passages.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    The Coppers will be front of the queue for Kia Stingers anyway. Might have to hold off on buying one of them next year.

Don't forget that the ANCAP/Euro NCAP changed criteria last year. What was once a 5 star car is now way lower than that. My Jetta was a 5 Star car when new. It would be a 2 star car now.

If Mustang scored 2 stars and was a 4 door sedan, it would not stop me from looking at one. At the end of the day, I have no dependents and the passenger seat in my car rarely gets used. It is a nominal score for people to compare apples to apples.
    Agree here 100%. The Stinger is a nice car by the looks and the mock up looked great. The rear passenger safety,for me only, is not really an issue because by the time I am in the market for one my wife will be the only driver and the kids will be gone. Also by then the 2018 model will be here. Once again it comes down to preference and how the information is being used and understood.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

Validated User
    Or just ignore the whole thing, there will be cancellations but quite possibly
    other buyers will come in and replace them.

While it's not good, perhaps Ford could announce that it's working on changes and issue a TSB
    or recall later in the year and upgrade software to include a few changes in line with the 2018s.
    That might go a long way towards hosing this down.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post

Don't forget that the ANCAP/Euro NCAP changed criteria last year. What was once a 5 star car is now way lower than that. .
    This is not quite true. 2015 - 2017 is a transition period so that by 2018 ancap is fully aligned with euro ncap. What this means is that through this transition period the goal posts are moving. There are elements of the mustang test that are different to cars tested only weeks prior in 2016.

Also of note is that ancap don't record child data as they find it's unreliable and too many variables.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Sadly jokes aside i can confirm this has had a significant impact at dealer level over the weekend from people either cancelling orders or shifting their order to a MY18.

It has had an impact, i personally know of 7 incidents, one of which 'ive personally got involved with and spent a fair amount of time yesterday and today trying to resolve..
    I can't see it having an effect on overall sales. For every person that cancels, there will be three lined up to take their spot.

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    Also of note is that ancap don't record child data as they find it's unreliable and too many variables.
    just to add to this, because euro ncap do include the data from the rear seats, it is very difficult for a sports car with a rear seat to achieve 5 star, simply due to the small space. Audi TT only got 4 stars due to poor rear seat results and that was using smaller dummy's.

Many 2 door cars don't sell in high enough numbers to be tested. Another point that makes a bit of a mockery of the system. In the public view, an untested car is safer than a tested car with a poor result.

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    I can't see it having an effect on overall sales. For every person that cancels, there will be three lined up to take their spot.
    We can debate that, it's not unreasonable to assume those 3 lined up would already have orders in the system if they really wanted a Mustang, so it's possibly just bringing forward a delivery.

Those pushing the sale from MY17 to MY18 are delaying payday for the dealer by upto 12 months.

It's possible Ford may bring in a lump of stock to tide them over for the 9 months between MY17 to MY18 but you then have the issue of trying to entice people to take the obsolete 2 star floor stock over MY18.

Demand has softened for Mustang as predicted and of course there will be opportunistic buyers who will try to barter a deal too.

But that's only one facet of this, there's also harm to reputation too.

It's not just about capturing the sale but retaining that customer for future purchases and attracting new buyers to the brand.

I can tell you 100% dealers are not happy about this at all and you can't blame them for a number of reasons.

The most positive outcome for this is Ford getting on the front foot, getting the tech and safety improved MY18 cars NCAP tested ASAP and getting that product into dealerships STAT i.e jan/feb 18.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

There's a white HWP mustang getting around in western Sydney. I was following it to work the other day, it was decked out in full HWP livery. It's probably the 3rd time I've seen it cruising around, the first time was a couple of months ago.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast