Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: So very sad.

  1. #11
    Miami Sprint. 4Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,949
    Quote Originally Posted by project 064 View Post
    Nope, believe me, they don't want the car on the premises, if anything happens to it, they could be liable.
    Right, so there's the issue, they have care and custody over it.

    They just need to be paid for the works.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

  2. #12
    Validated User Road_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In the cockpit. Cruisin' mah hood
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Right, so there's the issue, they have care and custody over it.

    They just need to be paid for the works.
    In this case they cannot withhold the vehicle because it is now part of a deceased estate. They're between a rock and a hard place. Someone needs to deal with the person's estate so people like the dealer can be paid.

  3. #13
    Validated User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    2,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    In this case they cannot withhold the vehicle because it is now part of a deceased estate. They're between a rock and a hard place. Someone needs to deal with the person's estate so people like the dealer can be paid.
    It is the Service Teams words a "very sticky situation". It is obvious they don't want the car on their premises,yes, they want to be paid for parts & labour, what's a clutch replacement worth in parts & labour, $2k?
    From what I understand, the deceased man's parents cannot afford to pay for the repairs. I would like to think the car is part of the deceased estate, as stated maybe no will, is the problem.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to project 064 For This Useful Post:

    Randel (11th March 2017)

  5. #14
    Validated User Road_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In the cockpit. Cruisin' mah hood
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by project 064 View Post
    It is the Service Teams words a "very sticky situation". It is obvious they don't want the car on their premises,yes, they want to be paid for parts & labour, what's a clutch replacement worth in parts & labour, $2k?
    From what I understand, the deceased man's parents cannot afford to pay for the repairs. I would like to think the car is part of the deceased estate, as stated maybe no will, is the problem.
    Yep sounds like no will. They (the parents) need to contact the Public Trustee. The PT can obtain a court order to act as the executor of the estate and deal with all the assets, claimants (like the dealer) and they will take their fees out of the remaining $$$

    Those poor people.

  6. #15
    Validated User Randel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeming, Perth
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by project 064 View Post
    It is the Service Teams words a "very sticky situation". It is obvious they don't want the car on their premises,yes, they want to be paid for parts & labour, what's a clutch replacement worth in parts & labour, $2k?
    From what I understand, the deceased man's parents cannot afford to pay for the repairs. I would like to think the car is part of the deceased estate, as stated maybe no will, is the problem.
    Yeah, but realistically, what are just the parts worth... at the end of the day - the hourly labour rate may be $xxx, but what does it really cost the company...


    I dont know the whole story, but if the parents have lost their child - well that just sucks as no parent should have to bury their child

    Range Ford should do the right thing, and let them take it for parts costs alone.... who knows, maybe get some good publicity out of it as a goodwill gesture..

    but the parents probably could not give a fuck about the car.... its not gonna bring their child back...

    As you say... sad

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

    13726548 (11th March 2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •