Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 2017 F.E.N.A Ford Mustang Review

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Yeah the Pony sound tough and not so quiet on the outside. The Tickford version even more so. On the inside in that video Holden have done a good job of piping some of the aural v8 experience into the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    but as both Ian and me said, it may that we are getting old, but the Mustang sounded good inside the car, if you were accelerating, but quiet as a cruising car on the highway.
    I dislike a constant drone as you are driving on the highway
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Yeah the Pony sound tough and not so quiet on the outside. The Tickford version even more so. On the inside in that video Holden have done a good job of piping some of the aural v8 experience into the cabin.

but as both Ian and me said, it may that we are getting old, but the Mustang sounded good inside the car, if you were accelerating, but quiet as a cruising car on the highway.
    I dislike a constant drone as you are driving on the highway
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

2017 F.E.N.A Ford Mustang Review

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    they say the mustang is too quiet
    I was on conrod, opposite hotel, and I could hear Ian going up mountain straight quite clearly

Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

IF the commodore sounded better begrudgingly I would say so, Pony wins.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

The Stang sounds so much better than a Miami Powered Falcon/GT
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    The Stang sounds so much better than a Miami Powered Falcon/GT

Wouldnt be too hard to mimic that sound with a Miami. Just change the exhaust.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

We need to remember the Commodore has a low frequency induction baffle that pipes sound into the cabin and a mechanical bi-modal exhaust valve that opens up at idle and when at mid to hard throttle. They also installed a sleeved hole in the exhaust tip that resonates sound back underneath the body to provide the effect of a crackling, raw sound under load. It was effort well spent IMO. The My18 Mustang will have some of these exhaust control features and more (hopefully), but the current unit is (from what I understand) just a typical exhausts system with no cabin sound or bi-modal features. Given this, I think the Stang sounds pretty damn good but I personally would prefer it to have a deeper growl.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

We need to remember the Commodore has a low frequency induction baffle that pipes sound into the cabin and a mechanical bi-modal exhaust valve that opens up at idle and when at mid to hard throttle. They also installed a sleeved hole in the exhaust tip that resonates sound back underneath the body to provide the effect of a crackling, raw sound under load. It was effort well spent IMO. The My18 Mustang will have some of these exhaust control features and more (hopefully), but the current unit is (from what I understand) just a typical exhausts system with no cabin sound or bi-modal features. Given this, I think the Stang sounds pretty damn good but I personally would prefer it to have a deeper growl.
    Agree, i think the Mustang sounds good as is.

Last thing you need is a dronny overt attention grabber.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Agree, i think the Mustang sounds good as is.

Last thing you need is a dronny overt attention grabber.
    I just looked up the factory spec on the Stang. The factory exhaust features 2 catalytic converters, a resonator, and 2 mufflers. Its apparently flows great in US spec for a factory setup. It also featuring mandrel bent tubing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (22nd May 2017)

I just looked up the factory spec on the Stang. The factory exhaust features 2 catalytic converters, a resonator, and 2 mufflers. Its apparently flows great in US spec for a factory setup. It also featuring mandrel bent tubing.
    Pretty much same as Miami falcons, big middle muffler and a L and R resonator with bi-modal flap.

I'm not sure if different muffler or resonators are the solution.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112