Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 F.E.N.A Ford Mustang Review

Well done you 2. Those roads bring back good memories.
    A real world every day blokes loving driving cars - especially Fords.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

It goes further than that.

The subtext for us is, where do we go from Falcon.

Previous to,this I was on the RS bandwagon but lately some things have started to bother me about it.

This is more me.

I think if the subject is about driving enjoyment, what we did is normal a single person adventure.

Unless you are the Hubinette's

Even for Andrew and I, it's not 100% for us what we did because of that fact.

Structuring of a two car family can make it work.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

If Ford can address the rear passenger room in the 2021 S650 Mustang i'm half a chance to give it a look.

While the lack of rear doors is bad if the passenger space was acceptable i could try to make one work.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    If Ford can address the rear passenger room in the 2021 S650 Mustang i'm half a chance to give it a look.

While the lack of rear doors is bad if the passenger space was acceptable i could try to make one work.
    Access to those rear seats will also need to be addressed
    Trouble is that its Form over Function, give more headroom and you take away from the gorgeous design
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    Access to those rear seats will also need to be addressed
    Trouble is that its Form over Function, give more headroom and you take away from the gorgeous design
    I agree. I would hate to see it lose its shape.

I think you do need to be able to sit up straight and at 170cm I couldn't. If you can't go up I wonder if you can go lower.

Its a sports car first and foremost so what is missing is benchmarking 2 plus 2 cars. What are other copes like and if better how are they doing it.

I think its reasonable to expect Ford to be at the top of what is on offer.

I really think we will see Mustang escalate in its evolution now and move quicker than its done previously as a US model only.

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    I agree. I would hate to see it lose its shape.

I think you do need to be able to sit up straight and at 170cm I couldn't. If you can't go up I wonder if you can go lower.

Its a sports car first and foremost so what is missing is benchmarking 2 plus 2 cars. What are other copes like and if better how are they doing it.

I think its reasonable to expect Ford to be at the top of what is on offer.

I really think we will see Mustang escalate in its evolution now and move quicker than its done previously as a US model only.
    My wifes MB Coupe had a higher roof line over the back seat passangers, thus giving the headroom, it doesn't have such a low swoopy roof
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

I like the roof line, Think it looks great so I would hate to see that altered myself but maybe there is new seat foam technology that can lower the seat height but retain comfort.

No idea but think there must be a better compromise through some innovative engineering.

OK you can lower the bump seating position but what does it do to your leg/thigh posture - weird seating position I'm picturing.
    Look, its a 2 door small coupe - and as Ian says its low sloping rear design makes its shape, change that and your going ala Panamera design for eg......
    You don't alter the leading design you ad another model, MB have done this for years as well.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    OK you can lower the bump seating position but what does it do to your leg/thigh posture - weird seating position I'm picturing.
    Look, its a 2 door small coupe - and as Ian says its low sloping rear design makes its shape, change that and your going ala Panamera design for eg......
    You don't alter the leading design you ad another model, MB have done this for years as well.
    That's a very good point.

Personally I think the rear seat needs a delete option and I would tick that box. I cant use that.

The owners group have had a pretty interesting reaction to the review.

Where I sit on the rear seat issue is I expect Ford to be best in class or to be one of the better user experiences for that type of car.

If they can do that I think that's pretty good because its a sports car above all else

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast