Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 F.E.N.A Ford Mustang Review

Yes, the owners group have swung from critiquing the punctuation and structure to defending Sync 3 and cup holders.

Some interesting "feedback" that's for sure.

Some very defensive and insecure owners, and unnecessarily.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

13726548 (5th April 2017)

Hey structure was an issue because if you look at the edit code, it's not allowing me to publish as I wanted it.

If you could see Andrews version, that also isn't how his looks either.

It's just part of the forum life. There are still errors in it. I know that but what doesn't have errors these days.

It's good enough to read.

What I don't accept is the deletion of people's time and effort.

I personally spent and made myself available all afternoon, changed my plans to respond to comments.

In most cases there was agreement and change from original positions, it no, not good enough.

I take a very dim view of people removing material I have spent time providing. Just how dim, stay tuned.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (5th April 2017)

Love ya work mate.. many a time i have typed out a fucking encyclopedia about my car only to delete it or have some muppet mod from a forum delete it and you really wonder why you bother ?

Life goes on

Its interesting no question.

I don't think any review is ever intended for owners. Its like us with seating position, ok we get it media, enough already.

Take one perceived negative, drink holder for example.

The person who deleted the conversation was asked about this and his answer was he has the auto so it's less of an issue for him.
    Another owner said don't drink in the car. So let's do a road trip, 8 hour day and not drink.

As someone who never appreciated how bad Falcons drink holders were, because i too saw not drinking in a car as a good thing, I am here to tell you I have paid a price for that. Water consumption is vital.

So the owners solution is buy the auto or don't drink.

We should have wrote that.

There is another solution. Be the engineering company Ford say they are.

Being puzzled as to why that entire area is like it is, it's only research that allowed me to see that tunnel isn't mirrored.

If it's satisfactory or not, comes down to why it is the way it is. If this was the straw that would have made mustang unworkable for RHD markets, then absolutely it's a price worth paying. I would love to know the reason why that wasn't addressed.

Some of those owners are bitching about losing some engine performance. That wasn't really an issue for us and I do own cars with much more power than this car.

So it's ok to be "negative" as long as it not the truth.

What you are reading from us is the truth. In private at least we have got some praise for accuracy and fairness.

What we have got wrong and I am kicking myself for this, is road surface variation.

It forced a conclusion that's a guess.

Where we said it's not performance in suspension tune, that part is right. Where I said I think it's the back that will let go first, it's the front. It will understeer.

It will come from conditions we just didn't find so we might have that dynamic wrong.

In fairness it is why we spent a fair bit of effort describing what we did and how we did it.

Too long or too negative.

Well I don't really know what to say about that.

We don't do this very often. All three articles added up come in less than a full issue of motor or wheels. It's based on one car, and I think after you read our version, you will be hard pressed to find an issue we missed.

We left out the clutch and we were told to look for noisy get sets.

One owner said, it took him weeks to get comfortable with his GT.
    It took us hours.

After day one, we had to tweet motoring jurnos to ask what the issues were with this car. We were asking everyone who rang us, where are the problems. No shit. That's the truth.

All the stuff we mentioned is stuff that should be looked at by Ford. Not stuff that stops one from buying it and we said that.

Digital speedo comes in 2018. That car also remembers your preferences. Some trim gets addressed, more technology and more consistent across all markets.

We had one owner, get this, his attitude was so say don't say stuff like we did because we are too small to get notced, we can't effect change as a market.

MY 18 is set to be less decontended, more global focused and you have this attitude in owner groups. I don't know what they watch or look at but my expectation of Ford is personified by MY18.

I wrote on Fords US page a congratulation note for MY 18 and got attacked by mustang owners as being part of the greater world wrecking their icon. Their loyalty and patronage is why mustang is still here, how dare the rest of the world destroy that.

These owners have issues. It is it just ford people. I am dead set ready to defect.

I wonder how much fun mustang engineers are having with global markets now. No doubt it's always special to work on an icon but the world is a very different place taste wise.

I reckon it would excite me even more.

Above all else, our last Falcon, this mustang, both products you want to drive. That's why I said you need to have this car as a daily because it makes driving so important to what it means as a car ownership experience.

Oh did you know, only owners can comment on mustangs.

It's only through ownership you can appreciate what it means to drive it.

The last ownership group where that sentiment was expressed, was ls1.com

Absolutely dumb founded.

Here we are saying our satisfaction with the car is so high, not only would both of us consider buying it, we would also drive it every day and not modify it.

Weight that against the accusation we have been negative said by people who modify.

Thats not a joke. Let that sink in.

Hum, can someone please fill in the holes what has been going on ?
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Hum, can someone please fill in the holes what has been going on ?

The reason for this is norm posted this review on a social media page and except for one or two people who did like it, alot had issue with it.

What was odd is we are actually saying the same thing. Nothing over writes the driving experience with this car but these guys made more of a meal of negative stuff mentioned than we did in the story.

What is even weirder, they didn't say we were wrong. Well sync 3 guys did, and he might be right. It's possible to get odd examples, ours might not be feeling at its best.

The rest, you just drive around them because issues are part of it all cars have them.

Many thanks to HSE2 and Capt. Slow (Ha, still crack up at that name!). It was very entertaining and absorbing getting through what can only be described as a very complete review. Loved the video and the comments and the written words. I thought I knew Mustang reasonably well, reading all the mag reviews and so forth. However, having read this review, from 2 guys whom I can be as sure as anyone will be unbiased, it was refreshing not to have to 2nd guess if you guys were on the take or bias or slanted in some way like I worry about when reading wheels, Motor or some of the others. I knew you guys only had one agenda (besides fun!) and that was to call it as you see it. And that you did brilliantly - thank you!
    - Winter White XR6 Sprint #141 with 3M Carbon tint & Koya SF-06 19" silver machined-face rims; original PZeros -

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Falco For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (6th April 2017)

Appreciate the words Brian.

After yesterday it has re enforced how destructive it is to remove people contributions.

I am proud we don't do that because it effectively says the most valuable commodity we have to give, time, isnt valued.

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    The reason for this is norm posted this review on a social media page and except for one or two people who did like it, alot had issue with it.

What was odd is we are actually saying the same thing. Nothing over writes the driving experience with this car but these guys made more of a meal of negative stuff mentioned than we did in the story.

What is even weirder, they didn't say we were wrong. Well sync 3 guys did, and he might be right. It's possible to get odd examples, ours might not be feeling at its best.

The rest, you just drive around them because issues are part of it all cars have them.
    What astounded me was the points people felt like raising, and in a confrontational way.

Nothing about the actual overall review, just nit picking.

Then when you try to bring it back on track you get accused of insulting their intelligence, or told unless you own one you've got no right to an opinion..

Very interesting group of people, i certainly learned a lot.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

It's not that surprising. Like we have never done that with Falcon reviews over the years.

I personally didn't mind the comments on the article. In finding fault they exaggerated the situation.

Paragraphs were in fact sentences or in one case one line.

Stuff like the door pocket, how it's long enough for things to slide back there if you don't manage it.
    That's not a point about chamois placement but the fact it needs to be managed as is an improvement issue for the future.

That's it. That's what people should have read.

Stuff I expected to be picked up on by owners never got a mention.

When you say you learn to live with them or they don't matter, you are confirming not refuting as they think they are doing.

Why you wait till a Ford employee posts then delete it, amused me the most. Talk about a brain explosion.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast