Thread: MIND BLOW: The Best Suspension In The World Ever!

MIND BLOW: The Best Suspension In The World Ever!

This really did blow my mind. You need to watch this video over and over before it sinks in how world-changing it could be. 'Tis sadly not to be though for reasons detailed in the text but it certainly sparks the imagination. Closest we'll come to a Luke Skywalker car 'magic carpet ride' for a while I'm sure.

https://www.motormag.com.au/news/160...ble-suspension
    - Winter White XR6 Sprint #141 with 3M Carbon tint & Koya SF-06 19" silver machined-face rims; original PZeros -

That's pretty flash, I reckon.
    BAII RTV A Farmers Rocket.

Yeah, I saw it and first thought it was a type of photo-shopped video. When it sank in to me that it was real I thought it looked supernatural. I mean, it really is the holy grail of suspension - isn't that result what all makers are shooting for? Strange that 'someone' hasn't adopted the system for the heavier luxo cars - big Mercs, BMW's, Rolls, Bentley as a bit more weight in those would make little difference and they would certainly have a competitive advantage then with THAT suspension setup.
    - Winter White XR6 Sprint #141 with 3M Carbon tint & Koya SF-06 19" silver machined-face rims; original PZeros -

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Falco For This Useful Post:

Burnout (19th April 2017)

Validated User
    While the system itself hasn't been adopted, a less complex version can be found in everything from the HSV GTS to the Audi TT to the Ferrari California T in the form of magnetoheorological dampers, which operate under largely the same principles.
    It's seems like Magnetic Ride and other similar systems acheive similar with less complexity and weight.
    The Bose system is magnificent but heavy and expensive - could it be adapted and lightened?
    Would GM and Ford even want to change from their premium suspension?

Remember this is all driven by customer satisfaction and not necessarily what is technically superior,
    what feels great to actual customers is what sells..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

Falco (22nd April 2017)