Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motor Mag performance pod cast: From the drivers seat.

Motor Mag performance pod cast: From the drivers seat.

https://www.motormag.com.au/news/170...hsv-gen-f2-gts

Cool idea, worth a listen, well done Scott and team.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (24th April 2017),Futura (30th April 2017),jimt3te50 (13th August 2017),Perko (21st April 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    https://www.motormag.com.au/news/170...hsv-gen-f2-gts

Cool idea, worth a listen, well done Scott and team.
    Hi folks,

First car was a Holden, that's because they write the biggest cheques (har har har). We'll do the Ford Mustang soon however someone commented on our Facebook that they'd like us to do the Falcon Sprint. Now, the only way we could do that would be to use a private car as Ford don't have one any more.

Now, I'm honestly not asking, but if anyone in Melbourne would like to volunteer their Sprint 6 or 8 to feature on the podcast that would be amazing, however I completely understand if not, hence I'm not chasing one or following up on this even really. Just saying that if anyone sees the podcast and thinks "Hey that's cool, wish my car could be on there" we're certainly open to the idea.

Just so you know what the podcast entails, it's just DC and myself taking the car for a drive for about 20 mins - last couple we literally drove down the Monash for 10 mins then drove 10 mins back again, done.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Motor Magazine For This Useful Post:

4Vman (29th April 2017),Elks (1st May 2017),FTe217 (1st May 2017),Futura (30th April 2017),HSE2 (30th April 2017),Jim (20th July 2017),Perko (2nd May 2017),WASP (30th April 2017)

Motor mag. pod cast from the drivers seat.

Thanks Scott.

I'm not sure if it's the fact that I used to build these cars ( Commodores) in the 90's but to watch you guys driving and talking about the GTS so informally was quite moving for me.
    Like sharing an experience with close friend.

I have a sense of pride in what Holden and HSV have accomplished over time and your podcast allowed me to relive that (somewhat ). I have always admired the GTS models. I personally don't know how someone who calls themselves an car enthusiast could say otherwise regardless of their brand preferences.

On the podcast itself, I enjoyed the concept ( obviously) but wasn't exactly sure what to expect in terms of the format. I found myself expecting you to go somewhere try something out. I guess it's hard on public roads to be too ambitious.

If you are going to entertain the concept of using owners cars on the occasion it might be interesting to allow them to join you in the car and include them in the interview. If that's not practical then chat to them before or after the drive.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

A good point Colville re having a quick chat with the owner.

Scott, if you were in Sydney I'd be happy you guys getting into my Sprint8 manual but not to be, I would adjust/mod the seat for youse and the brown envelope can be left in the glove box

Colville re your brand preference comment.
    Just as football teams people get behind or anything else regards to supporting passionately - I agree acknowledging an opponent when your beaten fair and square, its being a good sport as some of us are brought up to be, the problem in this regard is this opponent's "arrogance" turns people OFF (a % of us Blue Enthusiasts) and the countless things they have done behind the scenes not in the spirit of the game.
    So, I don't really care how good their GTS's have been in the past or this last, do you think Enthusiasts from their side would acknowledge the good points what Ford/Tickford/FPV/Sprints are ? works both ways.
    Anyway going off the track here, I encourage the pod casts Scott.
    Look forward to the Pony and hopefully Norm lets you use his Sprint
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

383gxl (1st May 2017)

Stay tuned Maurie.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

383gxl (1st May 2017),FTe217 (1st May 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Motor Magazine View Post
    Hi folks,

Now, I'm honestly not asking, but if anyone in Melbourne would like to volunteer their Sprint 6 or 8 to feature on the podcast that would be amazing.
    Norm. You need to take one for the team.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

that doesn't read well Elks lol......
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Perko (2nd May 2017)

They can borrow mine.
    All it will cost them is a background PCOTY play. . I have always thought I was a bit of a lucky bastard.

Besides if they are going to do tests they really should use the fast model. AND I can provide pics of it doing 238 in the open zone in NT before the nannies struck.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

This months episode:

https://www.motormag.com.au/news/170...nsized-engines

Some great stuff on downsizing engines but zero fuel economy benefit..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

WASP (20th May 2017)

This weeks Podcast!

https://www.motormag.com.au/news/170...edes-amg-c63-s

Excellent chat about the C63s!!

My personal favorite outside of the Blue Oval.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast