Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Motor Mag performance pod cast: From the drivers seat.

Validated User
    Its great to know they did not mention one of FORDS turbo engines they must think the turbo that won best engine 3 years running was a dud.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 383gxl For This Useful Post:

Falco (1st June 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 383gxl View Post
    Its great to know they did not mention one of FORDS turbo engines they must think the turbo that won best engine 3 years running was a dud.
    I'd certainly doubt they'd think that.

But in terms of great GLOBAL turbo engines the TT 4.0 AMG is right up there.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Todays Performance Podcast: GT-R Nismo.

https://www.motormag.com.au/news/170...san-gt-r-nismo
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

WASP (17th June 2017)

Motor mag. pod cast from the drivers seat.

Enjoyed that review, thanks Norm. The price is really getting up there. For me I would grab the 911 Turbo but that takes nothing away from the effort achieved. I would love to own and drive one. I doubt Nissan will struggle too find buyers either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Agree Colville, the price is pretty good euro ground, it would come down to what your priorities are for the purchase.
    Cruising ? nope.
    For those club style or mates runs only on nice twisty roads for half a day or even track day ? yep GTR fits easily.
    For the combination of above but also using time to time with the wife and kids ? - nope, GTR not suited.
    IF I had the room next to the Fords yep a GTR would fit my "thrill" ownership need but that price as said I'd prefer euro.
    I do admire them though, fast and furious fits very well.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

WASP (18th June 2017)

This Months episode Part 1) featuring Bricktop and yours truly's Sprint 8!

Special thanks to Scott and Dylan from Motor who are top blokes and for the invitation to make this happen.

Part 1)

https://www.motormag.com.au/news/170...con-xr8-sprint

Part 2) in the following weeks.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Bricktop (18th July 2017),dash gt (19th July 2017),Falco (19th July 2017),FTe217 (19th July 2017),Futura (19th July 2017),HSE2 (19th July 2017),Jim (20th July 2017),jimt3te50 (13th August 2017),Motor Magazine (18th July 2017),Randel (20th July 2017),Road_Warrior (19th July 2017),TICK4D-TAS (19th July 2017),WASP (19th July 2017)

OK, I'm a Falcon supporter so whats not to like re this pod cast and being biased some would say But MM, well done !
    I enjoyed the connection having Justin involved a very good different approach to see with this pod cast.
    Made for great listening (especially off the lights at times ) and something that will be kept in archives for many of US lucky ones who treasure having a last Aussie Falcon Sprint.
    As Justin quoted, its a Falcon right, has to be practical just as they were from the beginning - best 4door bang for buck motor car you could have despite the seating position .
    Could have demonstrated some tyre frying lol.....
    Kudos to Norm making his machine available.
    Look forward to Part2.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

383gxl (19th July 2017)

That was awesome guys. Thank you! It was great to hear some of the behind the scenes stories from both Motor and Justin from a personal and Ford perspective. Not many people get to develop, drive and own a Halo model of a car at the end of its production life. What a privilege!

I'm sure the experience will stay with you all for many years to come.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

383gxl (19th July 2017)

Thank You Motor, Justin and Norm for supplying the car. Also thank you to the team here at FEN for making these sorts of events happen.

Loved it all, from the snipits of the engine sound, to the general chat.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TICK4D-TAS For This Useful Post:

383gxl (19th July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    That was awesome guys. Thank you! It was great to hear some of the behind the scenes stories from both Motor and Justin from a personal and Ford perspective. Not many people get to develop, drive and own a Halo model of a car at the end of its production life. What a privilege!

I'm sure the experience will stay with you all for many years to come.
    Interesting to hear the comments about intercooling (the V8). Sounds like they truly wanted it to happen.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

WASP (19th July 2017)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast