Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Motor Mag performance pod cast: From the drivers seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    Interesting to hear the comments about intercooling (the V8). Sounds like they truly wanted it to happen.
    One of the mules was intercooled.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    One of the mules was intercooled.
    In the fullness of time, I'd love to hear more about these cars. What else was done apart from an intercooler? What were the internal fights within Ford about it and other cars, etc. Stuff that legends are made of.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (19th July 2017),Futura (20th July 2017),Randel (20th July 2017)

That was Justins wish list if budget allowed from memory.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    In the fullness of time, I'd love to hear more about these cars. What else was done apart from an intercooler? What were the internal fights within Ford about it and other cars, etc. Stuff that legends are made of.
    The tyre stories a good one.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Great podcast and thanks Norm for supplying the rig. These sort of things are so much better than written articles. Congrats to all involved.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

Better, the Bosch one online with Justin quoting their speed for up shifts
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Perko (19th July 2017)

Funny, wasn't surprised (but disappointed) the seat thing came up but absolutely nobody ever asks Justin why they didn't do some more/different COLOURS. Is it only myself and the good Perko that ponder this imponderable on a regular basis? It is only a question that, to my limited knowledge, has never been answered (or asked??). I would only need Justin to answer it once then I'm sure we would all understand. Wasn't only I that was disappointed no RED or SILVER. Of course, it won't change things, just like the incessant seat conversation that DOES keep coming up but would be good to hear from the horses mouth just once. If they ran out of money - fine . . . just like to know. Seems it would have been a nice thing for the best ever Falcon to own your fave Vermillion fire or OSO silver (or just plain RED?). Anyone know for sure? Would make a nice change from seat chats . . . (P.S: was it just me or did anyone notice the 'alternate' expression on Justin's face when Scott kept going on about the HSV R8?)
    - Winter White XR6 Sprint #141 with 3M Carbon tint & Koya SF-06 19" silver machined-face rims; original PZeros -

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Falco For This Useful Post:

383gxl (19th July 2017)

Quite simply, it takes about 18 months to master a colour and a significant amount of cost and complexity along with it. We were closing a plant and we wanted to reduce complexity. In many ways, sprint helped with that, adding colours wasn't something we considered. The reduced palette was to look at the colours that suited the theme of the vehicle.

As for Vermillion fire, or any of those historical colours. All painted with old technology, not current water tech and to be honest, those colours did not belong on this car, they belong on a legendary car in their own right, that has its own legacy. We didn't want to take from those cars to "add" to ours. They stand on their own.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bricktop For This Useful Post:

383gxl (20th July 2017),4Vman (20th July 2017),Falco (22nd July 2017),flappist (25th July 2017),FTe217 (20th July 2017),HSE2 (21st July 2017),Paxton (20th July 2017),Randel (20th July 2017)

Well said Bricktop and thankyou - don't worry about Falco, he's justified wedding white on the base's that aircon don't work well due to coloured roofs so he wouldn't have bought red or silver in any case bah boom sorry mate .
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

At least the way the video was edited, it seems like Justin didn't get a full chance to answer what was on his wish list, other than intercooler/more grunt for the 8, and injectors/intercooler for the 6.

I would have thought there would be other items on the list too, eg torque vectoring diff etc.

Would be great if the boys would entertain us dreamers with a full wish list...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast