Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowdens Lazywax

Validated User
    That's a pretty good deal Ian, 3 brushes for that price.
    Very interested,

I have another one or two same brand but different sizes. They seem ok but again my focus now is on getting product that makes the cleaning easier so less time, less effort and less touching to keep clean.

Gyeon look to be the next product to test on the rims.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

yep thats nothing alright.
    Back in the Mr Jucy and JamieXR6 days coming over hanging in my garage and we worked on the T3 some of the prices Jamie used to spend was like WTF way back then.
    Thats where I learnt what a mish mash car detailing is, x brand is good for this x for that - depend on colour - trial and error, mucho expensive.
    The volume products alike from the repcos/SCA/Autobarn we just that volume day to day stuff that is good enough but if your into it and anal my god sky is the limit.
    I have got into some - but don't need to get OTT, I'm not caring being a trophy winner for eg.
    Making life easier as Ian says is what its about if your a regular washer.

I hear very good reports of Gyeon.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

project 064 (10th May 2017)

This was posted 6 minutes ago on carcareproducts fb page.

SNOW FOAM's, which is best, and are they all the same?

Firstly, NO they are not all the same! And, NO you cannot use a car wash shampoo - [CONTINUE READING]...

There are so many foams out there now, quite a lot that are "mediocre" as well!

Don't worry, we're as fastidious as you and with this in mind we have extensively tested all our foams and only stock what we would personally use on our own cars - Snow Foams that are pH neutral, create a good rich amount of creamy foam, and help prevent swirls before washing!

Some foams out there claim they are pH neutral and safe to use, but in fact are far from it - Concerned? You should be... with the incorrect formula it can shorten the life of your Paint Protection, Wax or Polymeric Sealant whilst also causing deterioration to your plastics and rubbers.

If you're using your Gerni, Karcher or similar branded Lance - bin it. Get yourself a proper Snow Foam Lance from Mint or Autobrite and see the difference!

A true Snow Foam Solution has been created to ensure that it;

- does not clog/blog your snow foam lance unlike a shampoo
    - made for a true snow foam lance, not your systems dodgy one!
    - pH neutral
    - safely will dissolve dirt/grime for easier washing
    - create a thick shaving cream like foam
    - ideally was not created to be used as a "wash" but a 'pre-wash' solution to help prevent wash swirls/marks during the wash process.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (10th May 2017),project 064 (10th May 2017)

I really can't see the point of snow foams unless you haven't washed your car/s in months.
    Also depending where you have driven and the type of grit on your car.
    If your ride is already looked after via canuba's etc std daily dirt isn't a problem.
    If your a surburban driver and wash within 2wks imo a good hosing surely is sufficient loosening up certain items and clearing grit that the hose washes away.
    Using your preferred very sudsy wash/soaps and your micro mits whatever pretty easy if you ask me.
    Maybe i look at it too simply - maybe I'm that blind at my age I can't see the swirl marks on my clear coat - if so so be it
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    I really can't see the point of snow foams unless you haven't washed your car/s in months.
    Also depending where you have driven and the type of grit on your car.
    If your ride is already looked after via canuba's etc std daily dirt isn't a problem.
    If your a surburban driver and wash within 2wks imo a good hosing surely is sufficient loosening up certain items and clearing grit that the hose washes away.
    Using your preferred very sudsy wash/soaps and your micro mits whatever pretty easy if you ask me.
    Maybe i look at it too simply - maybe I'm that blind at my age I can't see the swirl marks on my clear coat - if so so be it

Are you using a pressure washer to rinse?

Here we go.
    There are so many wrong right ways of every single step of the once upon a time just wash the beast and be done with it haha.....

Years and years ago, pre clear coats when paints were paints ! I used to hose like mad, strong and all over shop, yer it rinsed it hehe.
    Nah, I actually hardly use my Gerni's < I use this for unda car and wheel arches, if I've taken wheels off to clean entire areas easier (time permitting) low pressure max depending attachment.
    Exterior, the good ol hose still but not high high pressure from top down.
    Lets say mid with no attachment/nozzle.
    I've been using no hose nozzle long before it became IN for rinse off pre dry.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Here we go.
    There are so many wrong right ways of every single step of the once upon a time just wash the beast and be done with it haha.....

Years and years ago, pre clear coats when paints were paints ! I used to hose like mad, strong and all over shop, yer it rinsed it hehe.
    Nah, I actually hardly use my Gerni's < I use this for unda car and wheel arches, if I've taken wheels off to clean entire areas easier (time permitting) low pressure max depending attachment.
    Exterior, the good ol hose still but not high high pressure from top down.
    Lets say mid with no attachment/nozzle.
    I've been using no hose nozzle long before it became IN for rinse off pre dry.
    No here we go at all.

In that case using a prewash snow is an extra step.

Down low on a car is all I use the pressure cleaner on as well.

So the wheel Wax on the sprint, it works best with the gun. I am using rain water through a filter via an onga pump so it is good pressure but probably less than mains.

I had not considered the lance could be an issue previously so I might revisit that because adding the cannon isnt really much more work if it does work on the shit you pick up low on the panels off the road.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (11th May 2017)

Names of YouTube channels people might find useful.

autogeek
    Forensic detailing channel
    AMMO NYC
    Ride and shine detailing.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (11th May 2017),project 064 (11th May 2017)

yer the wonders of the internet. Thanks I've come across a couple of those.
    At times there are so many options to look at you could sit for hours on end - this once again after seeing this and that hurts the wallet if inclined lol......
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast