Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowdens Lazywax

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    Yes interesting comments re the clay? See they list a clay cloth?

They have a few different spray detailers - it gets bloody confusing.

I am a fan of finishing with a spray detailer every wash, so will give this a go.

Ian - when you say the snow foam doesnt work - do you mean they dont foam, or you dont think they add any value to the overall washing process?
    In my experience the forms do nothing more than a suds wash.

To get everything off you still need to use a sponge.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I love bowdens gear, but those snow foam things are just a very well marketed cash grab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (26th April 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Well you can't clay your bubble wrap and cant clay paint protection.

claying twice a year is overkill unless you're doing 30-40000 k's a year.
    Norm mate, no need for the silly comments.
    Claying my bubble wrap, ofcourse not BUT in time you can give this clear coating a light polish to smooth it off again actually when it dulls.
    I expect those in know who are normally the types who do their research know you wouldn't clay if having any type of protection they spent their hard earned on.
    Overkill, never by me BUT there are always those that do - their choice.

Randel, that product foams but I guess Ian reckons it doesn't work as good as they say.
    I've never used it as I think its a waste of money as some of these items/methods are.
    I'm with you re spray wax or quick detailer after a wash, I've done this many times on my Fords.
    I bought the Bowdens Brand Spanking New Kit plus a few more additional items thrown in that included those clay cloths, I haven't used them, especially on the new Sprint I can't see the point.
    I used to have a couple of detailing mates spend nights in the garage on the T3, never used a buff, all hand polishing etc, I actually thought to learn more having the Sprint and even have had long chats with Ian whats he's getting into etc....
    I came to the conclusion sticking by the way I knew - researching products, considered a buff, still haven't bought one and prefer the ol elbow grease to this day.
    I swear for black, the Sprint paint is pretty damn good to me - I'm sure some experts may say otherwise but it will do me and thats all that counts.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

defective (25th April 2017),HSE2 (26th April 2017),Randel (24th April 2017)

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Thanks for the comments on the snow foam. Was considering that one but now know to steer clear. Will give the wax a run however.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

Look, like using x product for the wheels for soaking, that works imo but I'm not seeing the point of the whole car with foaming stuff pre washing.
    I look forward to Ians comments of his experience.
    Like how much more do you have to do I ask myself and how much more prep and dollars do you spend ?
    I'm satisfied hosing down the car well before using good quality soapy wash of your choice with suitable mit and 2 bucket method.
    The main thing I've change is my drying methods, obviously a another nice Bowdens micro fibre towel BUT I'm using the "blower" big time first up.
    Love how it gets all the water off/out the nooks and crannys/wheels etc.....starting from the roof working down ofcourse.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (26th April 2017)

You are right Maurie, it ends up being such a big job to wash the bloody car

I do use the foam as a pre wash to soften/loosen the dirt, but am not totally convinced of benefit hence the question.

I still have to use the normal wash method after that so often wonder if it is of any benefit. I just look at it as a way of trying to reduce the amount of scrubbing with cloths, reduce the amount of dirt in the cloths, to lessen the risk of inducing swirls.

I too use the blower to remove the majority of water, then a microfibre towel to pat dry to finish. Again, trying to reduce the amount of dragging across the surface.

Had to LOL at the warning in the picture in the OP:
    "Will hurt if used for brazilian waxing"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (25th April 2017),HSE2 (26th April 2017)

I can see trying out the foam just as you quote Randel, like I love looking after my loves as much as anyone BUT it is starting to get to the point of OTT.
    I suppose this comes down to choice.
    It sure is great having all these products as paints has changed just as everything "clear coats" etc but unlike some who have all the time in the world I'm time poor compared to them.
    For eg, I had to change my ol habit of tubbing the car/s during the weekend, got NO time, having to clean wheels one way, then prepare doing the body etc the way I want to for a long time now its done at night after dinner onwards.
    That way the Boss is ok, I can do all my kids weekend sport on top of doing garden maintenance duties as well.
    Maybe a brazillian wax is worth the hurt instead and see how the wife reacts to that
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (25th April 2017)

Evening gents,

Great to see interest in the thread. This is a pic of mine a few days ago - that's from the lazywax. The pic isn't enhanced at all, it was taken from my phone camera. There is fallout on the paint but unless you ran your hand along it you'd never know by looking at it. That's where you have to ask yourself - is it really worth claying black paint for a little fallout. If you use a spray wax after every wash your paint won't need claying for a bloody long time - you'll be literally amazed at the condition your paint will stay in. Here's a tip also, where long sleeves when spraying waxing, great for the paint but the stuff could make your arms itch like hell later!!! Latex gloves is also a good idea too.

Regarding spray foams - save your money in my opinion. It's not worth it. Spend the money on spray wax/detailers. The foam looks great when it goes on - but that's about it.

I'll put a video up in about a week next time I do the F6. I'm not perfect but some may get some good tips from how I look
    after black.

I'll try and find a video of a bloke that talks about claying - I'll give you the exact time to scan to so it saves you watching the entire video. Im not against claying, but when we're talking about a black car you've stepped into another world when it comes to looking after your paint - it's the most unforgiving paint on the planet especially when you step into 'clay territory'.

Cheers

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisandSharon For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (26th April 2017),Perko (25th April 2017)

Lol found it. It's 55 min long! Just watch the first minute for the warning. If you have the data and spare time kick back with the Mrs and some popcorn and watch the whole thing. If she's still sittin with ya after 2 min you've got yourself a good woman

https://youtu.be/A3-iTYjCkl8

Alright for you time/data poor people I'm watching the whole thing. After watching the first minute and enjoying the 'doors' skip to 18.25 for a while. There's a bit of comin sense stuff but take note especially at the 23.05 mark! I'm still watching......
    Last edited by ChrisandSharon; 25th April 2017 at 10:40 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisandSharon For This Useful Post:

4Vman (26th April 2017)

Ok - I've watched enough of it to strongly recommend that if you are going to clay your car watch this video. Don't clay it until you've watched the first minute, then from the 23 minute mark to the end.
    You'd be literally mad to clay without watching this blokes warnings and tips. Cheers

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisandSharon For This Useful Post:

4Vman (26th April 2017)

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast