Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Track comparison Mustang GT vs Commodore SSV

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Can you say this again
    don't ask me what happened
    it posted it twice, and both before the comment I was responding too

the wonders of technology, was wondering if it was an Apple server
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    I found this out when I first went to replace my P zeros, 3 tyre places said thy had them, but when I went they were pzero neros and p zero rosso, ithink there is a corsa too
    so there is 4 different p zeros, easy to get confused if you use the wrong tyre place
    Yep, although the Ford press fleet is maintained at Ford HO so you'd think they'd know which tyre goes on the Mustang (same PZero as Sprints).

Oh there's PZero Trofeo too, LOL
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Randel (24th May 2017),TS50 (24th May 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    don't ask me what happened
    it posted it twice, and both before the comment I was responding too

the wonders of technology, was wondering if it was an Apple server
    Probably a Samsung one and it burst into flames lol
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Ford have screwed up on press cars before not being to spec so this doesn't surprise.

excuse's Slow but thats ok we have a error buffer filter for you I'm advised, did you get that memo .
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Not looking to start anything but when I went to Sandown with my long-term Holden SS V Redline ute my best lap was a 1:24.99sec. And I'm no race driver...

Just sayin'

When we ran both cars at Winton at Bang For Your Bucks last year with Warren Luff at the wheel it was:
    Mustang - 1:37.1 (For comparison XR8 Sprint was 1:38.4, XR6 Sprint was 1:40.7)
    Redline - 1:37.6

The two cars feel incredibly close in both pace and outright ability. Holden just pips it for mine as the steering has more feel and it's more adjustable on corner entry but it's almost neck-and-neck.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Motor Magazine For This Useful Post:

4Vman (26th May 2017),Randel (26th May 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Motor Magazine View Post
    ....when I went to Sandown with my long-term Holden SS V Redline ute....

.....Holden just pips it for mine as the steering has more feel and it's more adjustable on corner entry but it's almost neck-and-neck.
    I know yours is a ute and you were talking sedan, but i sometimes wonder if familiarity also contributes to the preference of a particular car in different reviews?

Sorry, should have made clear, comments were regarding sedan Redline vs Coupe Mustang. Ute does feel different to Sedan on track, different wheelbase and suspension setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Motor Magazine View Post
    Not looking to start anything but when I went to Sandown with my long-term Holden SS V Redline ute my best lap was a 1:24.99sec. And I'm no race driver...

Just sayin'

When we ran both cars at Winton at Bang For Your Bucks last year with Warren Luff at the wheel it was:
    Mustang - 1:37.1 (For comparison XR8 Sprint was 1:38.4, XR6 Sprint was 1:40.7)
    Redline - 1:37.6

The two cars feel incredibly close in both pace and outright ability. Holden just pips it for mine as the steering has more feel and it's more adjustable on corner entry but it's almost neck-and-neck.
    Are you sure you haven't taken any shortcuts across this recored lap?

Putting your lap time in perspective. 5.89 secs nearly 6 seconds is a massive difference.

5.69 secs off the lap recorded by the HSV GTSR W1 (1:19.3)

Its either your a gun driver or those mismatched pirelli tyres have made a 6 second difference.
    Last edited by Futura; 26th May 2017 at 04:32 PM.

No shortcuts, can upload the Driftbox telemetry if you like? I'd say a regular Redline being 5.7sec slower than a Supercar driver in a W1 is a lot more realistic than a Redline being 12sec slower than a W1...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Motor Magazine For This Useful Post:

4Vman (26th May 2017),HSE2 (26th May 2017)

Well I am looking to start something.

Caradvice have lost the plot here and I really rated them. Have done for ages.

If you read the track review concurrently with the rest of the long term stuff they have written, we start to see constructions.

The engine doesn't feel any different on a track than it does on the road, unless you never tested it on the road which means you haven't tested anything else either. In fact the entire car feels on the road that on the right track and right conditions it's going to be fast.

I think it was norm who asked what the stang might do against the sprint. My assessment would be the more corners, the better the stang will be.

But supposedly these guys don't rate it on the road and were surprised it went so well on the track.

As near as I can tell they have used the great ocean road either twice or did one trip for two segments.

That's an interesting choice. Drive it three times and aborted all three due to traffic.

From seats, to handling, to track verdict, engine comments, just do yourselves a favour and watch motors video.

They are right. Caradvice are wrong, or Ford have a massive issue with their press fleet.

I can't explain what's going on at caradvice. It's nearly as weird as ABDC.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast