Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ABDC 2017 - Acceleration Results & Video

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Jeffs FB page?
    Yes, Jeff's Facebook page (FG-X XR Sprint owners) on which you and I have communicated on a number of occasions.
    - Winter White XR6 Sprint #141 with 3M Carbon tint & Koya SF-06 19" silver machined-face rims; original PZeros -

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Falco For This Useful Post:

4Vman (27th May 2017)

Havent got facebook.

Put it this way, we know the W1 can do 0-100 in 4.2 seconds.

If it can recover from a 5.9 0-100 to produce 12.4 for 400m then in theory it's good for 10.7 400m, anyone believe that?

There's no way in hell those 0-100 times came off the 400m runs, they simply didn't measure 0-100 at the drag strip.

This is yet another reason why ABDC is not only flawed but IMO Motoring have not a clue about this stuff.

The rankings aren't worth the bites they've consumed and without explaining why they're so out of scale are pretty much insulting everyones intelligence.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

383gxl (27th May 2017),imike1 (27th May 2017),prydey (27th May 2017)

Put it this way, we know the W1 can do 0-100 in 4.2 seconds.

If it can recover from a 5.9 0-100 to produce 12.4 for 400m then in theory it's good for 10.7 400m, anyone believe that?

There's no way in hell those 0-100 times came off the 400m runs, they simply didn't measure 0-100 at the drag strip.

This is yet another reason why ABDC is not only flawed but IMO Motoring have not a clue about this stuff.

The rankings aren't worth the bites they've consumed and without explaining why they're so out of scale are pretty much insulting everyones intelligence.
    has anyone put this to the web publication (motoring?)?

i guess many readers wouldn't look in to the detail of it and just accept the data as gospel. to imagine that the W1 could continue accelerating from 100-200 at basically the same rate as 0-100 is pretty gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    Havent got facebook.
    good man!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prydey For This Useful Post:

Futura (27th May 2017),imike1 (27th May 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    has anyone put this to the web publication (motoring?)?

i guess many readers wouldn't look in to the detail of it and just accept the data as gospel. to imagine that the W1 could continue accelerating from 100-200 at basically the same rate as 0-100 is pretty gullible.
    Ive asked 3 times, twice on twitter and once on their FB page but they're ignoring me.

That in itself says to me they know there's flaws in their methodology.

This is the second year running where, on paper the whole thing looks like a fantastic idea but they let themselves down severly with poor testing process and ambiguous contradictory results.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

383gxl (27th May 2017),Futura (27th May 2017),imike1 (27th May 2017)

Ive asked 3 times, twice on twitter and once on their FB page but they're ignoring me.

That in itself says to me they know there's flaws in their methodology.

This is the second year running where, on paper the whole thing looks like a fantastic idea but they let themselves down severly with poor testing process and ambiguous contradictory results.
    What Methedology? There was no Metgedology.

4V, Did you see what I wrote above in response to you? Did you find Justin's response on that FB page? If you couldn't find it do you want me to copy it here for people to read? . . . he lays it out pretty plainly and logically, from someone who has been on both sides of a good and bad performance result, he says.
    - Winter White XR6 Sprint #141 with 3M Carbon tint & Koya SF-06 19" silver machined-face rims; original PZeros -

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    Havent got facebook.
    Futura, I only use FB for the Sprint car club/groups I'm in. I don't get anything out of using it otherwise so I don't. I have found sometimes it is necessary to have a facebook account to be allowed to log in to some web sites (any sites, others unrelated to cars at times). Therefore I got an account about 18 months ago to get 'round this log in at sites that insist on using FB to login to their sites and I found FB useful when I got into the Sprint and some other FG-X pages on FB. You can start a FB account without selling your soul. I'm very thingy about privacy so I just gave name and a phone number and something else, can't recall but all innocuous stuff so no worries. I'd suggest you think about trying it as it can really come in handy. You may even enjoy the FG-X and Sprint pages! Good luck! (PM me if you'd like more info about joining FB)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Falco For This Useful Post:

Futura (27th May 2017)

I have put it to mike that its not possible.

He has confirmed the 100 and the quarter are in fact the one run.

Both numbers are to three decimal places which suggests the one timing method.

The weirdness is the 100 time.

Its like they have recorded an increment of 110 instead of 100 or the 5.9 was really 4.9

So far he hasnt answered how its recorded 6.4 to finish off the quarter while moving slower than the gtr speed wise.

Darcy!
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

imike1 (27th May 2017)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast